Some Modcomps for Tholal's More Naval AI v2.4

I have found/remembered the reason for the two event calls. The Born catches all GPs made through GP points. The Created catches the times a GP is created - like with an Event, rescued from a Lair, being first to discover a Tech, etc.

I discovered this by playing through 1.5 and not getting any GP popups (as I normally did) when I received a GP from a Lair, and checking your code found that you had only included the Born python section.
onUnitCreated should be a catch-all for all units. I would think the code would only need to be run there.
Thanks. I will change that.

Also, I noticed that you did not replace the Event images in the Art folder. Accident or intentional, that's your choice. If, however, it was accident, there is a potential issue.

When I made the Event Images I had a rule of capitalizing the image names I ported over from the original non-FFH version - like e_BabyBoom, e_Literacy, etc. The new images I created were all lower case. In this new batch I sent you I replaced a number of those ported pics with new images and named them all lower case - e_babyboom, etc. In the CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, the images are called by the capitalized name, like e_BabyBoom.dds. I'm not sure if that will be an issue in displaying the replacement pics which are all lowercase.

Just in case, the replaced pics in the XML should be e_babyboom, e_literacy, e_favoriteson, e_jade, e_horseshoe, e_motherlode, e_dustbowl. The others I sent were already lower case in the XML, so they should be fine.
Oh, I forgot :mischief:. But I already noticed the lowercase issue and planned to doubnle-check that.

Sounds like I'll have to release v1.6 soon...

About multiplayer: I never play MP, so I only can test hot seat, which I doubt can give any information about whether it works in MP or not. Anyone interested to test it (after I released the onUnitCreated version)?

OK, Fixed the callback, and ostars images should now be in.
Also a minor gameplay change to justify the new version number :).

Released Events Enhanced 1.6
Download

Install over MNAI 2.4.2 or higher svn revision up to r1443.
Includes 2.4.2 to svn r1443 Patch (save DLL source).

For Developers, there is an alternate version without the revision patch (and without art, for smaller download size).

Changelog

Many thanks to ostar

Top Bottom