Some Modcomps for Tholal's More Naval AI v2.4

I see that MC has provided many of the event updates. Does that mean that the MoreEvents modcomp is compatible with his mod?

Information for Lurkers: I implemented BarbarianCiv for FfH, Thread for alpha here

I see that MC has provided many of the event updates. Does that mean that the MoreEvents modcomp is compatible with his mod?

No, I just stole some of his changes :), but not all, so copying events enhanced into MagisterModMod will at least break some mechanics.

I have returned to FFH after a couple of years and enjoying this mod (and the MNAI it is based on) immensely, so thank you.

I am the Ostar of the more events/events with images mods. In browsing through the image art, I noticed a few images that were still subpar or not lore consistent. I have better images for those I personally play with - would it be possible to send them to you so you could update the images? Only if you think they are an improvement, of course.

Ideas for Messages on Spawning - There was a mod a while back called World Unit Popup that would cause a popup for the player when any civ built a World Unit (like Wilboman, Gilden Silveric, etc.) The message was generic - X civ has built name - but it may be able to be expanded. The mod is simple - one new .py and a couple of insertions into the Event Manager.py. The mod works, because I am using it in a game now based off your mod (with my own personal tweaks).

Great Person Popups - this was another mod that would have an image and a quote popup when the player receives a new GP. (Made by Xienwolf originally) The pics are drawn from FFH art if available, and the quotes are all from FFH or Kael himself. (Long ago, he did a post about who the great people actually were.) I have updated it for personal use and made it so the Great generals use the Great Commanders art. It too only has one new file (xml) and a few lines added to the EventManager.py.

I could send you both if you would be interested in incorporating them.

New Events - I have idly toyed with the idea of adding more events. There is an event I created in More Events Expanded about barbarian "Lanun" appearing if the Lanun don't exist. I have thought of adding more like a barbarian "Doviello" stack appearing in the tundra (The last remnants of the Doviello have banded together in a desperate attempt to avoid starvation and destruction!) with Doviello themed barb units (wolf pack, etc.) The barb Malakim could appear on the desert with barb Camel riders, the Hippus on the plains with horsemen. Nothing for the Elves and Dwarfs - they wouldn't fit. I also thought of a necromancer appearing on a graveyard and spawining undead barbs (an homage to the Warhammer Lichemaster). And some Cult of the Dragon events, possibly building on each for a story line.

Anyways, thanks again for your work.

I have returned to FFH after a couple of years and enjoying this mod (and the MNAI it is based on) immensely, so thank you.
It's great you're back :)

I am the Ostar of the more events/events with images mods. In browsing through the image art, I noticed a few images that were still subpar or not lore consistent. I have better images for those I personally play with - would it be possible to send them to you so you could update the images? Only if you think they are an improvement, of course.
Of course, thank you.
Ideas for Messages on Spawning - There was a mod a while back called World Unit Popup that would cause a popup for the player when any civ built a World Unit (like Wilboman, Gilden Silveric, etc.) The message was generic - X civ has built name - but it may be able to be expanded. The mod is simple - one new .py and a couple of insertions into the Event Manager.py. The mod works, because I am using it in a game now based off your mod (with my own personal tweaks).

Great Person Popups - this was another mod that would have an image and a quote popup when the player receives a new GP. (Made by Xienwolf originally) The pics are drawn from FFH art if available, and the quotes are all from FFH or Kael himself. (Long ago, he did a post about who the great people actually were.) I have updated it for personal use and made it so the Great generals use the Great Commanders art. It too only has one new file (xml) and a few lines added to the EventManager.py.

I could send you both if you would be interested in incorporating them.
I actually considered both to have it in, so I would really apprecate it.
New Events - I have idly toyed with the idea of adding more events. There is an event I created in More Events Expanded about barbarian "Lanun" appearing if the Lanun don't exist. I have thought of adding more like a barbarian "Doviello" stack appearing in the tundra (The last remnants of the Doviello have banded together in a desperate attempt to avoid starvation and destruction!) with Doviello themed barb units (wolf pack, etc.) The barb Malakim could appear on the desert with barb Camel riders, the Hippus on the plains with horsemen. Nothing for the Elves and Dwarfs - they wouldn't fit. I also thought of a necromancer appearing on a graveyard and spawining undead barbs (an homage to the Warhammer Lichemaster). And some Cult of the Dragon events, possibly building on each for a story line.
Sound all great. If you do them, I'll incorporate them.
I'm currently not working on new events, I rather planned to improve/tweak the existing ones; but after going through some of them, I admit I lost interest a bit. My plans for new events mostly considered quest-like events for humans, there are some in RifE I considered to include (Maybe your necromancer could have an item as reward :)).

So please send me what you've done. I will include them as soon I have some free time.

Besides that: I don't have much time at the moment, but in the case you want to continue developing on events, and especially tweaking existing events: I did a program that generates detailed descriptions from Event XML files; I could provide that list (or the program) to you. I planned to remove things such as "+X happiness for Y turns", wich is nearly useless in my opinion.

Sorry for intruding, but I am interested with Ostar's offer.

ostar, if you are OK, I am interested in incorporating your mods to Master of Mana. I will be grateful if you can send me the files. Thanks :)

All right, I've just about finished the Great Person revision for MNAI, and I just want to look over the Event Images again. So far there's only about 15 or so that I have upgraded the pics for.

And I do have a few new events I still need to test on more civs.

The program you mentioned below would be a great help, so yes please.

It's great you're back :)

Of course, thank you.

I actually considered both to have it in, so I would really apprecate it.

Sound all great. If you do them, I'll incorporate them.
I'm currently not working on new events, I rather planned to improve/tweak the existing ones; but after going through some of them, I admit I lost interest a bit. My plans for new events mostly considered quest-like events for humans, there are some in RifE I considered to include (Maybe your necromancer could have an item as reward :)).

So please send me what you've done. I will include them as soon I have some free time.

Besides that: I don't have much time at the moment, but in the case you want to continue developing on events, and especially tweaking existing events: I did a program that generates detailed descriptions from Event XML files; I could provide that list (or the program) to you. I planned to remove things such as "+X happiness for Y turns", wich is nearly useless in my opinion.

Sorry for intruding, but I am interested with Ostar's offer.

ostar, if you are OK, I am interested in incorporating your mods to Master of Mana. I will be grateful if you can send me the files. Thanks :)

I'd be glad to - I made them for anyone to use. Let me finish polishing them up a couple of days and I can have them ready next week.

Let's be clear - you want the Great Person, the World Unit Popup, and/or the Events with Images with Expanded Events?

I'd be glad to - I made them for anyone to use. Let me finish polishing them up a couple of days and I can have them ready next week.

Let's be clear - you want the Great Person, the World Unit Popup, and/or the Events with Images with Expanded Events?

I want everything that don't require dll modding :lol:

I have sent you a PM for further discussion. Thanks! :goodjob:

As promised, here are the replacement pics for the Event Images. There are 20 of them - remastered, better fitting the event text, more of a fantasy feel, etc. The zip file is attached.

Also, the Great Person mod has been fully tested with MNAI and your modifications, and works without error. With the pics and files, it's about 3 1/2 MB zipped. Let me know how you want me to send it to you.

Attachments

• EventImages.zip
    545.7 KB · Views: 116
All right, here's the zipped file. The GreatPeople folder goes in the Assets/Art folder (make sure its named GreatPeople). CIV4GameText_GPM.xml goes in Assets/XML/Text. WorldUnitPopup.py goes in Assets/Python. (Those are all new to your mod). And CvEventManager.py goes in Assets/Python as well, replacing your original file.

I used your CvEventManager.py as the base and added only four sections (1-5 lines each). Two are commented by #GREAT PERSON MOD and two more by #WU POPUP, if you just want to be sure and add only those to your existing file.

Thanks. Will put it in tomorrow.
If it's not too big, you could just attach it here.

Attachments

• GreatPeoplefiles.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
The bareke and redecoration images seem to be the same as before, just lower quality. Is that intended?

Yes - they were so large (384 width, 256 height) that some people had complained a while back that they were getting some of the image and/or text cut off on their screens for those events.

You can keep the original images/resolution if you want, of course.

BTW, the original At the Sword image of the dwarfs was fine, until I remembered dwarfs don't really have Swordsmen units... oops. So that's why that one is new. And the only problem with the original Money Changer and Graveyard images were that they had already been used for other events, so I gave them their own pics.

Yes - they were so large (384 width, 256 height) that some people had complained a while back that they were getting some of the image and/or text cut off on their screens for those events.

You can keep the original images/resolution if you want, of course.

BTW, the original At the Sword image of the dwarfs was fine, until I remembered dwarfs don't really have Swordsmen units... oops. So that's why that one is new. And the only problem with the original Money Changer and Graveyard images were that they had already been used for other events, so I gave them their own pics.

Alright.
Another thing: Greatpersonmod is catched by two events, unitCreated and greatPersonBorn. The Image also appears two times. Is there any reason for that?

Released Events Enhanced 1.5
Download

Install over MNAI 2.4.2 or higher svn revision up to r1443.
Includes 2.4.2 to svn r1443 Patch (save DLL source).

For Developers, there is an alternate version without the revision patch (and without art, for smaller download size).

Changelog

Many thanks to ostar and xienwolf

Alright.
Another thing: Greatpersonmod is catched by two events, unitCreated and greatPersonBorn. The Image also appears two times. Is there any reason for that?

In talking with the original creator of the GP mod, Xienwolf, I believe he said the two sections were for multiplayer compatibility - but that was a conversation years ago, so I could be misremebering it.

To expand on this, Xienwolf wrote the original mod, so credit him first. I picked it up later, editing it for spelling and clarity, adding the name and type of GP to the quote, replacing pics he'd talked about replacing, and fixing errors where the quote or person didn't match the pic.

Alright.

I have found/remembered the reason for the two event calls. The Born catches all GPs made through GP points. The Created catches the times a GP is created - like with an Event, rescued from a Lair, being first to discover a Tech, etc.

I discovered this by playing through 1.5 and not getting any GP popups (as I normally did) when I received a GP from a Lair, and checking your code found that you had only included the Born python section.

Also, I noticed that you did not replace the Event images in the Art folder. Accident or intentional, that's your choice. If, however, it was accident, there is a potential issue.

When I made the Event Images I had a rule of capitalizing the image names I ported over from the original non-FFH version - like e_BabyBoom, e_Literacy, etc. The new images I created were all lower case. In this new batch I sent you I replaced a number of those ported pics with new images and named them all lower case - e_babyboom, etc. In the CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, the images are called by the capitalized name, like e_BabyBoom.dds. I'm not sure if that will be an issue in displaying the replacement pics which are all lowercase.

Just in case, the replaced pics in the XML should be e_babyboom, e_literacy, e_favoriteson, e_jade, e_horseshoe, e_motherlode, e_dustbowl. The others I sent were already lower case in the XML, so they should be fine.

Top Bottom