Some purposed techs.

Hello. I have some ideas about what could make into the tech tree. They are the following:
Cattle Domestication (Late Prehistoric, replacing Animal Husbandry which comes later, likely early Ancient)
Pastoralism (Late Prehistoric, replaces Animal Riding)
Cavalry (Middle Ancient, in the same row as Copper Working)
Camelry (Late Ancient, in the same row as Brass Working)
Elephantry (Late Ancient, in the same row as Monarchy)
Cannons (Late Medieval, same row as Compass)
Howitzers (Late Rennasince, same row as Rifling)
Percussion Cap (Late Rennasince, same row as Grand War)
Breech-loaders (Middle Industrial, same row as Steel)
Feminism (Middle Atomic, same row as New Urbanism)
Critical Theory (Late Atomic, same row as Urban Culture)
Youth Rights (Late Atomic, same row as Urban Culture)
Animal Rights (Late Atomic, same row as Urban Culture)
Tiberium Discovery (Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars) (Punk tech, Late Information, same row as Graphene Alloys)
Anthroprmpohics (Furries) (Punk tech, Early Transhuman, same row as Mind Uploading)
Vajra Discovery (Genocyber) (Punk tech, Middle Transhuman, same row as Thermal Negation)
Subterranean Colonization (Late Transhuman, same row as Nano-Disassembly)
Terran Confederation (Starcraft) (Punk tech, Early Galactic, same row as Cosmic Perspective)
Galactic Railways (Galaxy Express 999) (Punk tech, Middle Galactic, same row as Cosmic Perspective)
Force Discovery (Star Wars) (Punk tech, Late Galactic, same row as Folding Space)
Arcadia Type Battleships (Space Pirate Captin Harlock) (Punk tech, Late Cosmic, same row as Mesnioknisis)
Warp Discovery (Warhammer 40K) (Punk tech, Middle Transcendent, same row as Parameter Tuning)
Xen Discovery (Half Life) (Punk tech, Middle Transcendent, same row as Parameter Tuning)

Last edited:
A few interesting ideas. They mesh somewhat with what I had intended in reworking the later eras.

There are several early Galactic techs that revolve around the challenge of governing remote colonies and holding a large civilization together. Colony Governance is mainly about managing a single colony. Data Archival allows the Protocol civic, which might get at the confederation idea.

One thing I had long wanted to do was add a Laser Highway route, which would become available at Interstellar Trade. That way you wouldn't have to wait until wormholes to build interstellar routes.

Although much later than the late Galactic, Noogenesis, Mensiokinesis, and Panpsychism sort of get at the idea of "The Force".

Feminism is Late Industrial I Believe, though I'm unsure where the lines are drawn, it's part of the Woman's rights movement (Depending on what Variant you're going for, as we're currently having the Fourth wave of Feminism)
There are quite a few points in time you could put it, 17th-18th Century as when the first Women started to work towards equality, the 19th-20th Century Suffragettes Movement, 1960's is also a strong point for Feminism,
all depends on the interpretation one brings to it,

the Percussion Cap, and Breach Loaders either could unlock a national monument that gives a promotion that's granted to all firearm infantry that signifies the upgrade their weapon got or just the Tech does that in and of itself, or just unlocks a new type of unit which honestly I don't think would work because they'd be fairly close together though that said it would portray the difficulty of having a uniform army,

the Percussion Cap, and Breach Loaders either could unlock a national monument that gives a promotion that's granted to all firearm infantry that signifies the upgrade their weapon got or just the Tech does that in and of itself, or just unlocks a new type of unit which honestly I don't think would work because they'd be fairly close together though that said it would portray the difficulty of having a uniform army,
Would be better expressed once we have equipment.

Yeah, also thought that'd be a better place for it, did Remember your plans for that

Top Bottom