Some questions about late game

intutama

Warlord
So I just "accidentally" won my first standard size deity game :dance:
I say accidentally because I won a diplomatic victory right in the middle of my backstabbing all-in tank war against Hannibal :shifty: turned out the rest of the world really liked me (it probably helped that I completely wiped out the 2 civs that were in the other religious groups).

Anyway some questions...
- How to deal with the un-healthiness (?) that comes with forges+factory+coal plant ? I noticed that even with a nice +4 grocer, the only other way to get :health: was public transportation, and only for +2... As soon as I dowed on Hannibal my cities started to shrink because of the lost food trades.
- Generally what kind of stack to build for tank wars? I just go like 2 tanks for 1 artillery... I don't know if there's something better though (artillery is kind of slow, maybe planes then, but then you have to tech even more stuff...)
- What kind of buildings otherwise are needed for tanks war? I noticed that unhappiness was a big problem (emancipation), so I guess theatre+build culture as needed.
- In what kind of situations is it better to whip tanks? It takes quite a while to get them, so you have time to build your cities and change all your like to workshop economy... I guess maybe if you miss the cuir or cannon window and instead go for communism+kremlin...I don't know.

Maybe I'll try an immortal game and go for planes to see how it works :dance:

edit:
oh i just noticed this thread
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-sp-transition-lategame.629326/#post-15059312

Last edited:
One thing I’ve found helpful with tank wars is to build marines as well when the enemy is very strong so they absorb counter attacks and if enemy has gunships. Fighters work well w tanks but artillery is ok. Marines has made a big diff for me. I know most people find them useless but they’ve made the hard late wars easier for me. Sometimes I also get industrialism before combustion so I have marines already.

Try leading with some Spies to trigger revolts? It works like the dickens on Immortal anyway. Lain used this to kill a very big JC in his recent Lincoln game on his channel (Fighters too, but he ran out of those) that already had Gunships + Mechs + MA.

Top Bottom