• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

some suggestions for a great mod.

bramage

Chieftain
First of all I just want to say that this is the best mod ever created for any Civilization game. Great job!!! I have a couple of ideas for the next version. I apologize if these have been suggested. First of all, what ever happened to the prime timber resource??? I think this is a great resource for the game. Timber has been a vital resource for thousands of years. Maybe make it a necessity to build several buildings, like palisades. Just a thought. Also, how about adding cacao and coconut as resources.
Another suggestion is the capability of setting up camps outside of the cultural borders. For example, if there is iron or copper just outside your borders, instead of waiting for your borders to expand, send out a worker that you sacrifice to build a resource post. This was a great addition for CIV 3.
Finally, instead of your city not growing when you build a settler, why doesn't the city lose 1 or 2 population after you build one. Think this is way more realistic and was a part of the CIV series before CIV 4.

First of all I just want to say that this is the best mod ever created for any Civilization game. Great job!!! I have a couple of ideas for the next version. I apologize if these have been suggested. First of all, what ever happened to the prime timber resource??? I think this is a great resource for the game. Timber has been a vital resource for thousands of years. Maybe make it a necessity to build several buildings, like palisades. Just a thought. Also, how about adding cacao and coconut as resources.
Another suggestion is the capability of setting up camps outside of the cultural borders. For example, if there is iron or copper just outside your borders, instead of waiting for your borders to expand, send out a worker that you sacrifice to build a resource post. This was a great addition for CIV 3.
Finally, instead of your city not growing when you build a settler, why doesn't the city lose 1 or 2 population after you build one. Think this is way more realistic and was a part of the CIV series before CIV 4.

The Timber is KIND of simulated when you chop forests, and build lumbermills, but palisades are a nice ideas, something to give you a defence bonus early on, and maybe move walls back to a later period or increase there cost.

I would think Cacao would come under Spices and Coconuts, well i dont 'think' they were ever a major trade resource. Camps are area good idea, can come in handy when you have resources in a big desert you dont wanna have to bother building a city on.

The Settler thing, well i guess its so you dont mess up your city growth so much, losing production after the unit is built. But since it stops city growth in a way it still costs you population.

i understand that timber is simulated when you chop down a forest, but i think you should be given an extra bonus like you do for other resources such as copper, gems, iron, etc when you mine.

Another suggestion is the capability of setting up camps outside of the cultural borders. For example, if there is iron or copper just outside your borders, instead of waiting for your borders to expand, send out a worker that you sacrifice to build a resource post.

I agree that either Camps (no Plantations or Farms) should work like Mines and Quarries or Mines and Quarries should only be buildable inside of Cultural Bounders. Just to be consistent here.

Top Bottom