[C3C] Sound request BBC 'V for Victory'

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
For the WW2 scenarios SOE 2 and WW2 Global Gold I´m looking for the opening bars of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, playable as a wav file in C3C. The BBC used these opening bars during WWII because they simulated the Morse Code "V" for Victory (da-da-da DAHH).

The sound was played with drums and I need it only in one sequence (only one da-da-da DAHH). I think this sound could be a good and short 'wonder sound' when wonder splashes are revealed in the game. :culture:

Jorsalfare and MeteorPunch, thank you both very much for your fast and great help. :thumbsup: :bounce: For the WW2 scenarios I think to use the BBC WW2 version. The sound is working great when a wondersplash is revealed. I like this short, but significant, sound a lot and I´m reflecting, if I shouldn´t replace the long wonder sound file in my CCM and RARR mods with this sound file, too. 'V for Victory' is a good slogan for every wonder, that a human player is building in Civ 3. :)

Jorsalfare, I think that version is from Maurice Jarre's score to The Longest Day, as the faster tempo and crisp sound would suggest. I didn't see the original available from either the BBC or the Imperial War Museum online. Perhaps the cleaner version would fit the epic mods and the older version may be suitable for the WWII games?

Attachments

• wonder.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom