Space Marine Demo

Esckey

Deity
The Demo for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is out on Steam and XBox

I played the Demo on the Xbox, but can't seem to get the Steam version to download properly, and it is a lot of fun. I don't normally pre-order games but I will for this one, just to ensure that I can get a copy. Currently wondering if I should get it for the Xbox or the PC, if there is a difference and what the likelihood of new skins is.

Anyone else play it yet? What are your thoughts? Multiplayer or singleplayer?

Totalbiscuit has a video of him playing the demo up on youtube and he loves the crap out of it. Would link but I think he swears several times.

Man this thread is going to look silly when the full game comes out :p

I played the demo on Steam a couple of days ago, its fun and nice there's finally a 3rd person 40k action game and its pretty good except I'm going to probably wait a while to buy it because its extremely linear and really, really brown (which okay yes makes sense since its set on a Forgeworld, but its still almost oppressively brown at times). The PC version is really but Relic is primarily a PC RTS developer so I'd expect it to run well.

Aren't the orks Green? ;)

How is the gameplay? Is it worth the download? Or is it basically graphical wonkery for Warhammer 40k fans?

Its definitely worth trying, and seems pretty good considering Relic is known for its RTS games although the demo is only a slice of it. Though they haven't pushed or innovated the 3rd person shooter/action game afaik either. but there is apparently the option to customize your Spacemarine with something like 1.8 billion combinations so you don't have to play as just the Ultramarines.

I already finished the complete game and overall I think it was awesome, but again as the trend is with games nowadays, it was a tad too short. Already started replaying it on hard difficulty.

...or maybe a Space Hulk type of thing.

That is something I would like to see too.

I've played few matches of capture the flag and team deathmatch. I didn't like the CTF game that much, but enjoyed the deathmatch. Being sneaky and sticking with team earns you experience fast enough so you can get your character some perks and not be such a instakill for the high level players. 8vs8 players, teams are matched according to character levels in the lobby. Atleast the multiplayer seems competent compared to similar multiplayer games. The game is quite fast paced so you're right in the action as soon as you spawn.

Top Bottom