Space Wars development thread

I think so. (About Ground Troops) I think only 1 would only need to be made for a player to ship units through the instaporter. Of course if there wasnt an instaporter in the city youre in you couldnt ship things out of there.

I say "Space Transport." I like instaporter however. Quick, short, and to the point.

There was a great discussion while I was away!!

Here is what I think:

To replace spaceship: I have actually no idea about what I can do. I may just forget it or replace it by a sort of thing that would destroy the galaxy (or something like that).

Elevators and instaporters:

The elevator that I put in the game is only to get an easier transportation to space. But this does not mean there wont be any teleporter. These machines would be too strong at this part of the game. If I put one, it will be near the end of the game (physics or antimatter age).

Everyone is free to comment that.

As to replacing the Spaceship victory, it might be possible to take a leaf from SMAC's book and create a 'transcendent' victory, where your group is elevated to a higher plane of being, such as become pure energy.

A doomsday weapon works well as well, of course. =D

yeah space transports early in the game would way too easy. Should be a late-game novelty.

heres an idea that could be a tech line also
its like a denfesive cannon something that attacks atomaticly at passing space ships (only enimies) i remeber this happened in civ 3 with costal fortises
for the tech section as time goes u can make it have more % tile of hitting the ship and give it more range ? (as i thought of it its a dumb idea lol)

whele heres another one shield tech if this is already said srry but u can make a building like shield gerorator which acts like a wall and as time goes on make the shielding more stronger and possibly make it portable for ships liek when u resurech it it gives atomaticly 2 new ships and units a sheild premotion which raises it def

monkeyman90000 said:
heres an idea that could be a tech line also
its like a denfesive cannon something that attacks atomaticly at passing space ships (only enimies) i remeber this happened in civ 3 with costal fortises
for the tech section as time goes u can make it have more % tile of hitting the ship and give it more range ? (as i thought of it its a dumb idea lol)

whele heres another one shield tech if this is already said srry but u can make a building like shield gerorator which acts like a wall and as time goes on make the shielding more stronger and possibly make it portable for ships liek when u resurech it it gives atomaticly 2 new ships and units a sheild premotion which raises it def

I have already planned some defensive cannons. They will act like artilleries and will be able to bombard nearby tiles and defend the city if attacked. But for the automatic bombard, i don't know if it's possible (maybe with python or SDK).

And I already planned a shield tech too. It is the "energy fields" one. The mniature shields might come later.

Continue commenting, it helps me :)

well had another one this one is for socal
virual sports or something like that
or holgraghic room like on star trek

An intergalactic UN ... That would be as useless as the present UN :p
But to be serious, this kind of thing would be good, but it would need to be different. So I need suggestions.

And i have already planned a virtual reality center. :)

heres some ideas for the u.n if we can but make it so like they have 2 be a curtan power in order to join so weak ones ent there
we can have it obly availbe when all civs were found
and if we can make it so that u can leave the u.n which has a bad side affect
(but u dont have 2 follow the u.n's rule)
i no that we can change the un resolutions but im not sure about the ai tho they might be 2 dum for the leaving of the un as an option

I think the future UN could stand to be a massive expansion upon the current in-game idea.

A much broader range of possibilities of things to vote upon. More civics, more events, things like that. Take a look at Galactiv Civilizations if you can, that has a number of interesting ideas in their similar organization.

Perhaps a unit or two only available to the UN.

An it would definately help to change the diplomatic options of the game as a whole, which could definately help with a UN kind of thing. For a simple example; a country which rules a powerful UN would be more able to cajole things from other nations, as said nations would be fearful of the popular opinion swinging against them if they refuse. On the other hand, a weak UN would generate slightly more antipathy towards the civ who makes demands, as they would be seen as sanctimonious at best and exploitative of their 'moral right' at worst.

As to other matters, what about the possibility of creating maps in a manner which creates solar systems? I expect this would be hard to code, but let me explain what I think could be done.

First, it would be necessary to create a large number of new terrain types. 'Solar' would be a star, and would be uncolonizable (Until very late-game techs are researched, allowing high-atmosphere colonies to be built.). There could be a handful of different terrain types for planets, for example one could be 'Fertile' which would create a planet similar to Earth, largely plains, grassland, and rolling hills. And so forth.

Then, code it so that a star is created, and a random number of planets (between 2 and 6) appear, not too close to the star or each other, around it. This would sadly require a fairly large map, especially if the planets take the form of 3x3s. Nevertheless, this would allow for a couple of civs to start in a snigle solar system, allowing fairly early contact, whilst ther civs would be further away and contact would be delayed until later, when better space travel tech was developed.

This would also require the development of a number of new tilse for space itself. Close-range space tiles, those between planets, would be more easily traversed than those between solar systems, hence the need for better technology before distant civs are met.

An alternative idea would be to create a map generator where there were two seperate worlds, and with space in between. This would work best if the plan is to create a mod which is an extension of the main game, rather than a stand-alone mod consisting only of space mods. There is the problem of being directly adjacent to a space tile, however... this would be ideally solved if it is indeed possible to create a series of overlaid maps, as queried in a thread somewhere around here... sadly I can't track it down right now. =(

Actually, this has me running up all sorts of ideas for a mod which takes Civ from the typical start all the way through to the distant future...

I have read these suggestions, and I need to think about these. Making solar systems would need a lot of coding :( and I will wait to decide what I will do with UP (united planets). And I already tried to look at galactic civilizations, but I found nothing.

I have also updated the laser age techtree.

the u.n thing will be hard tho cause let see y said that they should have units
well if they have units they then it needs to be under a really storng ai as well as they cant attack un less like they have permission but his whole thing is that the only problem is the AI the ai i think ant strong wngh 2 play by these rules or something (im srry i just started rambling there)

hesres another idea it might of already been said but here it is prity basic but hyperdrives which could be a premotion for ships after they discover the tech
they then have 2 build a bulding for the production of hyperdrives the promotuion part is that when ever a ship is created after the building isw built on the plant it is alowed 2 move farther there could be ever incresing techs for farther distances

i hate the idea of mechs, thay are totaly impratical!

a small take on treds or with some kinda hover ability that can hide in budldings or behind a grouping of small trees is whats beast.

what praticality whold a larg, lumbering, very expensive, very complicated to make, and long construtsion time have?? *not to mention an easy target, expecaly at its limbs. on good rpg round to a leg joint chold easly bring it down, and rinder something so overwelmingly expensive useless*

its like haveing a unit with the highs strengh, of like 1000. but giveing every other unit a plus 1000% aginst it. and infantry a pluss 1500% aginist it

Top Bottom