Special Caracters in XML?

Kingfaruk

Chieftain
I've been translating Civ5 to Bosnian or Serbocroatian. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the few special characters ŠĐŽČĆ to show properly in the game, In XML when typing looks fine but in the game they are simply missing. Is there piece of code that needs to be added to XML file or ....

I don't have access to the code to check, but you could try using the UTF code for those. Maybe it will work.

Thanks guys but when I tried to use ISO code for special characters like it was in Civ4, the game wouldn't start again so I had to reinstall it. Once i had to that, of course all files where in English again.
I guess what I would like to do is instead of replacing I'd like to add a language to Civ5 besides English. Can this be done?
By simply adding new language folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Gameplay\XML\NewText
and copying all the files does add a new language option in games interface. But once selected everything looks messed up. For example every button looks somewhat like this TXT_KEY_ADVISOR_ECON_TITLE
This is my first Civ game that I'm trying to modify and I'm starting to realize that I'm maybe going over me head ...
Any help would be appreciated ...

Just creating new text will probably not do it.

I guess you have the european version, right?
You could replace some of the other languages with bosnian, and you could look at the special characters in there, french, german and spanish have them to, so you could find how it's done in there.

Top Bottom