Special Unit

Catalonia

Warlord
Hello, I have a question:

I'm editing all the fire units, and I have a problem whit the uniq units of erevy civilization. I do this:

PHP:
		<Update>
			<Where Type="UNIT_MUSKETMAN"/>
			<Set>
				<Combat>24</Combat>
			</Set>
		</Update>

and this

PHP:
		<Update>
			<Where Type="UNIT_MINUTEMAN"/>
			<Set>
				<Combat>24</Combat>
			</Set>
		</Update>

But only the musketman have more combat, the minuteman... nothig happen.

What can I do?

Questions don't go in the Tutorials forum. It's the place for... wait for it... Tutorials! Questions go in the main C&C forum; I've notified the moderators.

As for the UUs, make sure you're using the correct Type. Most of them are of the form UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN, where the civ's name is explicitly given. So if there's not a UNIT_MINUTEMAN in the actual database, then your update command would do nothing. I don't have the database in front of me and so can't check the exact name.

The name is wrong.

Try UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN.

Every unique unit has their civilization name behind them.

Check the Civ5Units.xml to find out what their names are. For example, UNIT_GREEK_HOPLITE, UNIT_AMERICAN_B17, UNIT_DANISH_BERSERKER

And which is the name of the Danish infantry?

Code:
unit_danish_ski_infantry
(in all caps)

Ok, thanks, I put UNIT_DANISH_NORWEGIAN_SKI_INFANTRY...

Why is wrong UNIT_FRENCH_FOREIGN_LEGION?

What is the name?

Why is wrong UNIT_FRENCH_FOREIGN_LEGION?

What is the name?

Instead of asking every time this comes up, you should just go look it up yourself.

In case you didn't know, the game stores all of its XML files on your machine. The default directory is
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization V/assets/Gameplay/XML/
(which might be different if you installed Steam somewhere else)
and in this particular case, you go into the Units subdirectory and find CIV5Units.xml. Open it (xml files, by default, will open in your web browser), and look for whatever you need.

Top Bottom