• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Stack Retreat - Feature or Bug?

Willgar

Prince
In a few games, i have attacked a stack of enemy (10-15 mixed melee/cavalry) and occassionally the entire enemy stack will retreat by a square. This even happens when they are in a bind state (cannot move x turns) but i have never experianced this happen to my units - is this a feature, AI exploit, or a bug?

Does the unit you are attacking with have the Fear promotion? That can make units scatter when you attack them. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause that.

as far as i know, it's a bug caused by the AI grouping the stack together. When one unit retreats, the entire group retreats, in this case the stack.

as far as i know, it's a bug caused by the AI grouping the stack together. When one unit retreats, the entire group retreats, in this case the stack.

Cheers - do you know of a work around or option i can use to avoid this?

don't know. I've seen it come up in various bug-topics dozens of times now, so i'm pretty sure the team is aware of it, they'd just need to change quite a bit of AI coding to fix it.

don't know. I've seen it come up in various bug-topics dozens of times now, so i'm pretty sure the team is aware of it, they'd just need to change quite a bit of AI coding to fix it.

Ahhh np - but thank you for the info :goodjob:
(i tried search but had no luck)

Top Bottom