Star Trek Civ Diplomacy Discussion

Logitech

A Person.
Hey everyone! I've been working on the Star Trek Mod still, continuing the work even though the project has been quiet for over a year, and my number one annoyance is the Ferengi still say "Our friendship will survive, though the very heavens rain, er, big rocks down upon it!" Now I love that quote, but I think the Star Trek Mod needs some Trek quotes! I can't think of everything by myself, however. So that's where you, my fellow Star Trek fans, come in.

Here and on a sister thread, I want to see some quotes from Star Trek that you have heard and have thought "you know, I think the Klingons should yell that at me in the Civ 3 Star Trek mod!" The rules are simple:
1: A line of text must be accompanied by the diplo response it was intended for (ie, AITHREAT, AITHANKS, AIDONTTEST). The diplo response must be a civ-specific diplo entry in Civ 3 Conquests (#civ 1).
2: A line of text may have many words, but it will be chopped down to the basics if it is too long.
3: A word or phrase, such as Player's Civ, AI's Civ, AI's City, etc, need not be posted in viable Civ diplomacy.txt language (ie, $CIVNAME2) but it should be clear.
4: All lines of text should be limited to some form of a Star Trek quote or reference. An example: Klingon AIFIRSTCONTACT: "I am $AI0 (Gowron), of the $CIVADJ3 (Klingons). Join me for gagh and blood wine, or get ready for battle..."
5: Any lines with any form of unnecessary will be ignored. If cursing or bad-mouthing is required of the quote, do it in Klingon. It'll sound a lot better too. :crazyeye:

There is no limit to how many lines you can post, and post as much as necessary. If you like another person's line(s), please praise them for it. Please be aware that I will be the final judge on what lines get added. If two or more lines for the same civ are given by two different people, I can only choose one. For diplo responses which involve separate relative civ strength (#power 1) or attitude (#mood 1) responses, I would like to see also notification of which line's which.

This will require some knowledge of the Civ 3 diplomacy.txt format, so if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, you will want to say at least in what kind of situation your line would be said. If you don't even know that, well, I guess we'd still like to read it. :D

Here's an example of what I expect to see:
Hi, how are you? I'm good. Here's my line. It's for the Romulan's AIBORDERWARNING, neutral mood.
"A (AI's Civ Adjective) patrol near (AI's City) has reported that (Player's Civ Adjective) forces are moving inside the boarder. Order their departure immediately; we will not tolerate espionage!"
Hope you like it.
EDIT: I just thought of another one: Ferengi AINOPEACETREATYTHREAT, AI strong.
"Not yet! I want to take all your colonies and worlds and all your latinum and workers! I AM winning, aren't I?"

Top Bottom