Star Wars: The Mod Awakens

Star Wars: The Mod Awakens 1.11

I have come here brought by the tireless work of @Blake00 in his archiving of various Civ mods.

@Meteor Man, I would like to offer my passionate thanks for creating this fantastic mod. I have sunk many an hour into it (v. 1.10), and each and every one of those was pure joy.

@ajb, I am happy to see your Epic version. I shall put it to the test soon.

Welcome, and no worries! Ahh yes I forgot to ask if you'd tried ajb's enhanced version.

Last edited:
I have come here brought by the tireless work of @Blake00 in his archiving of various Civ mods.

@Meteor Man, I would like to offer my passionate thanks for creating this fantastic mod. I have sunk many an hour into it (v. 1.10), and each and every one of those was pure joy.

@ajb, I am happy to see your Epic version. I shall put it to the test soon.

Love to hear this <3

@ajb silly question but I was wondering if there are more factions in the next iteration of the Epic version of the mod, is there a way to make optional the pop-ups of X declared war on Y, etc.? The rationale being that considering some turns' processing time, if one does not sit in front of the screen to click these away, the resolution does not progress :borg: :p

I'm not sure if this is a Flintlock issue or an issue with this new version 1.11 however I can't seem to save my single player game. Ctrl-S, does not work. Clicking on Save Game from the preferences triangle menu icon upper left does not work. I am able to load save game files but I cannot save this scenario. I did notice though that there is an autosave in the C3C saves subfolder.

Can you not access the save menu at all, or is it only when you're finalizing the file? TMA uses long leader/civ names, and I've had issues where the default file name is so long that it pushes out the .SAV extension, preventing the file from being created.

Can you not access the save menu at all, or is it only when you're finalizing the file? TMA uses long leader/civ names, and I've had issues where the default file name is so long that it pushes out the .SAV extension, preventing the file from being created.
I cannot access the save menu at all. I believe you may be on to something with the long leader/civ name. I don't know what can be done however to shorten that name other than modify the biq and start a new game?

Another observation.

I think something is wrong with the labels.txt file. All of the diplomatic messages consist of nonsense and the year/turn summary screen in the lower right corner does not show income, year, or government type. Instead it mentions something about "number of princesses" and the text goes off screen.

If you add the switch "WindowsFileBox=1" to your .ini file, then when you hit Ctrl-S, you get a normal Windows-Exploder window where you can customise the savefile name.

The labelling issue is likely the usual Steam-(in)compatibility problem. Depending on which version of C3C you installed (Steam or other?), and which version of the game this Mod was built with (likewise), that problem is usually fixable by scrolling down through the Mod's labels.txt file until you find the lines "Ping" and "Host", and either adding the line "Unknown" (if it isn't there already), or deleting it (if it is).

I will give that a try. I have the GOG version installed. I also have the WindowsFilesBox=1 enabled as well. I will search the labels.txt file now. I had no luck shortening the name of the leader and nation in an attempt to eliminate the file name overflow mentioned by Thorvald.

Edit: Eliminating the line "Unknown" immediately after the line "Ping" solved my problem!! I am now able to save the game and the display in the lower right corner has the correct information in it. Thank you tjs!!

Last edited:
@ajb if you did have some time since last Fall, do you have other juicy bits of the next iteration to share? If not, we'll stay put :thumbsup:

Top Bottom