Stargate: replicator ship

Spacer One said:
ok, I'll keep that in mind when I search...

Well.. mesh/model are often used interchangeably. I've DL'ed a MODEL to find the textures missing, dl'ed a mesh and found textures.
so a mesh is a model, without texture?...
so if there is a "mesh" link, with the "texture" link seperate, will it work?
It will usually work. Most unit creators either modify or make their own textures. And even when you find a mesh, you will likely tweak it a bit to make it work the way you want.
For example, they don't come with civ coloration. There are other considerations too.. Is it jointed (for animation) how high is the poly count? (generally the higher the better)
But finding the meshes and the textures, no matter how you do it, greatly simplifies unit creation.
Also, some unit creators, such as Wyrmshadow and me, can use 90-95% of all format types. I own lightwave and several other 3d programs. So does he.
Generally, any help provided is appreciated. But, even with a perfect mesh and texture there is still a fair bit of work involved in getting the unit just right.

If Morpheus has his models in 3ds or max I could use those...

well this unit loks great. it will look even better destroying the jaffa and goa'uld in the stargate scenarios

Top Bottom