"Start Game" then back to menu

Securion

Civ Veteran
Every time i try to start a new game i just get back to the main menu. Doesnt matter what settings i use or what civs. Start game ---> Black screen loading bla bla and then black screen with "start game" for a sec or two and then im back to the main menu.

The game all of a sudden dont work anymore.

I have same issue. Started today. Win 10 -GTX 970 card. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and removed all mods.

I'm having the same problem. The game has run fine since October. Anyone have any idea on how to get around this?

If you have downloaded the new patch, you may have outdated mods that are disrupting the game loading process. If you have old mods that haven't been updated (which is probably all of them, since the patch just dropped and modders haven't had a chance to do updates yet), you should try moving the mods out of the mods folder and/or unsubscribing from those mods on Steam.

OK same problem: uninstalled and unsubscribed all my mods, uninstalled the game and re-installed, rand Nvidia experience update, ran video update hot patch and still have the problem

Try uninstalling the Geforce Experience altogether. Others have reported that an update has worked, but it didn't for me.

Try uninstalling the Geforce Experience altogether. Others have reported that an update has worked, but it didn't for me.
Did this, tried once with it installed and once without, and t=did the hot fix patch of the driver

Hi all

I encountered the same problem, but fixed it after doing the following. I hope that this helps someone. :)

- I reinstalled the game, but found that I was still being returned to the start menu.
- It was only after unsubscribing from the following mods that I was able to play:
  • AI Free Settler in Deity
  • Real Tech Tree
  • Real Great People
  • Wondrous Wonders (World Wonders Only)
  • Tomatekh's Historical Religions
  • CQUI
I'm not saying that all those mods were the problem: probably only 1 of them was. I unsubscribed from all of them to start from a clean slate. If you're subscribed to one, it may be the problem.

Hi all

I encountered the same problem, but fixed it after doing the following. I hope that this helps someone. :)

- I reinstalled the game, but found that I was still being returned to the start menu.
- It was only after unsubscribing from the following mods that I was able to play:
  • AI Free Settler in Deity
  • Real Tech Tree
  • Real Great People
  • Wondrous Wonders (World Wonders Only)
  • Tomatekh's Historical Religions
  • CQUI
I'm not saying that all those mods were the problem: probably only 1 of them was. I unsubscribed from all of them to start from a clean slate. If you're subscribed to one, it may be the problem.
This worked for me also..CQUI in particular went screwy

Solved.

I had "Moar Units" mod still active and disabling it solved the problem. Didnt have to do anything else, not even restarting the game.
The game now works.

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom