• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Start locations on center of the map

Ddevil

Chieftain
I need one specific thing implemented into my FFH / FF game. I want to set spawn locations of all civilizations in game in the middle of the map, so they will have to expand outwards of the equator, just like humans did in our own world.

Look at the picture:

On this "map" correct start locations are on the red rectangle.

So the questions are:
1. Is there already a mod that can do this?
2. If no, can anyone help me to code this?

Just because humans spawned there doesn't necessarily mean that Civilization spawned there, as humans migrated and then settled down, leading to Civilization.

Just because humans spawned there doesn't necessarily mean that Civilization spawned there, as humans migrated and then settled down, leading to Civilization.

I believe it depends on what You call a "civilisation"
I do not know, if we should tell that early human (or humanoid) tribes had "civilisation" or not

I think the only problem with that approach is that the ai doesn't seem to explore very well with it's early settlers.

In my experience, they'll almost always just plop their first city down on the plot they start out in. Unless that issue could be addressed, you would likely have a big glob of little one city nations all concentrated at the center of the map with nothing on the outskirts.

I think the only problem with that approach is that the ai doesn't seem to explore very well with it's early settlers.

In my experience, they'll almost always just plop their first city down on the plot they start out in. Unless that issue could be addressed, you would likely have a big glob of little one city nations all concentrated at the center of the map with nothing on the outskirts.

At least at the start of a game, which could be quite fun. Maybe additionaly turning on option "end of winter" or whatever is the name of it (cold world, warming up)

you would likely have a big glob of little one city nations all concentrated at the center of the map with nothing on the outskirts.

That is exactly what I want ;). I think it will be very interesting with "end of winter".

The AI doesn't make the same settling decisions as a human player. I wouldn't, for example, assume that the AI is unaware of features that are out of sight from human units, either resources or map features. The AI will currently move it's first settler a long way, guards slowly following, to a preferred city spot and then desperately build in an awful spot if an opponent settles on the good site first. I also believe that the AI doesn't use its scouts to find new city sites, it already knows where the settler is going and moves its starting scouts with the warriors to that first city site.

Anyway, I'd suggest learning a bit more about AI settling before trying to alter it in any fashion.

I say make a map script that sets the AI in the middle and see what happens.

They explore a bit. I usually add a few extra civs above the normal for a map size, and if I add more than a couple, they have a *very* annoying tendency to end up settling around turn 5 in very close clusters of 2-4. Amusingly, this once led to Cardith Lorda getting a Bard from that harpy event and killing two civs with just culture.

Top Bottom