StarTrek Unit: Borg Tactical Sphere

Tzar Sasha

Tzar of Nowheresville
The Borg Tactical Sphere while not officially known within the Star Trek universe is not that far fetched of an idea for the Borg. This ship is a standard sphere that has sacraficed some assimilation capabilities for defensive hull plating. I hope that it can find a home in the Star Trek Mod and if not perhaps in another scenario/mod...
This unit was based on a 3d mesh created by someone else (see readme file for full credits). Textures were adjusted to give the ship the look of being only partly covered in defensive hull plating.

Download your copy today! :D

The attached preview shows fidgit, attacka, attackb, death in that order for the southern direction.

The attack sequences could be better. I plan to work on them at a later date. Should someone have some suggestions or ideas I'm all ears.

Attachments

• BTSflccombo.gif
    BTSflccombo.gif
    243.5 KB · Views: 2,549
aaglo said:
That's some strange green explosion... :crazyeye:
I was told that the Borg units should have a green plasma explosion... That's what I did. However, I can make adjustments.... I just didn't want to setup a postpro effect for each dummy light, but rather one for all...

I learned a better way of creating the attack flcs.
The zip file contains a new attack flc. It can replace both previous attacks or just one. It's up to you.... :borg:

An 8 direction preview gif is also attached...
NOTE: This is an animated gif based on my pre SBB storyboard BMPs. The image palette is not the same as in game. Download and view in flicster for a proper in game appearance... :crazyeye:

Attachments

• BorgTACSphere_Attack.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 308
I've been working on my palette design methods
Here is a new death flc.
Changes are a new and improved palette and the addition of a standard type explosion with the green plasma explosions....
It is intended to replace the previous death flc.

Find the zipped flc attached along with a preview of the South view.
NOTE: This preview is based on the individual cel pcx's from Flicster. Therefore, it should look as it will in game....

Attachments

• BTS_Death.zip
    418.8 KB · Views: 341
  • BTSdeathSouth.gif
    BTSdeathSouth.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 371
Top Bottom