Steam Workshop Downloader Website Defunct ?

LeeS

Imperator
Does anyone know if SteamWorkshopDownloader.com went defunct or got 'Desisted'? All I get lately is a "Can't Display Webpage" screen.

Be too bad if it had to shut down. Made grabbing a mod from the workshop far easier especially given the cantankerousness of getting mods to download from the workshop without having to jump through Olympian Hoops of cache deleting and what-not.

Looks like the must have gotten take down notices thunderbird_14 link is gone now too, greedy steam, wouldn't be so bad if the Steam's mod download feature worked properly but....

The original website now works, however.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I did read on reddit that some of these sites are getting Cease and Desist letters. I can try to dig up the original thread, but it was a month or so ago in the fairly fast-moving Stellaris sub.

It wouldn't surprise me if this kind of thing ended up being more common. I've honestly been surprised these sites have been allowed to operate this long unmolested.

I don't get it. Why would they issue a Cease & Desist? These are tools that make it easier for the players to download mods which will get people to actually use the Workshop. It's like a grocery store telling customers to stop bringing in reusable bags. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom