Stop Quitting Early!

Today just something seriously ridiculous happened to me. It was a multiplayer game. I was 3 turns away from building united nations, and already destroyed two of the human players. Nobody was even halfway to a victory than me. And then: the game freezes!!!!!!!!!!!1 :mad:

I seriously wanted to throw the game disc off the window :(

By the way all my other game work just fine, all of them are older and more scratched too.

And many times when people quit(especially in times when the game goes just normally), it is caused by freezing or disconnecting. So don`t always blame the quitter, blame him if you see him looking for a game in 10 seconds.

Today just something seriously ridiculous happened to me. It was a multiplayer game. I was 3 turns away from building united nations, and already destroyed two of the human players. Nobody was even halfway to a victory than me. And then: the game freezes!!!!!!!!!!!1 :mad:

I seriously wanted to throw the game disc off the window :(

By the way all my other game work just fine, all of them are older and more scratched too.

And many times when people quit(especially in times when the game goes just normally), it is caused by freezing or disconnecting. So don`t always blame the quitter, blame him if you see him looking for a game in 10 seconds.

I've completly given up on ranked play because of this. Out of 10+ tries I was never able to complete a game without freezing up. I've tried 3 different xboxes and 2 different game discs. It doesn't matter, I WILL crash at least once. At this point I've resigned myself to FFA's with friends. At least in private matches I can reboot the 360 and rejoin in a turn or two. Then of course the game will lock up until everyone quits and rejoins but at least we can finish a game (despite the 20 minute technical difficulties delay).

I've just started to play multi player, yup quitting is pretty bad. But I rolled over enough people, I don't expect them to stick around.
Having played an online game or two, I've noticed a few things.
Most online games with fewer people 4 or less tend to suck after it gets released, wait a month or so, things get better.
These online games with low numbers really take a "game play" hit when stuck with an idiot, or a drop out. But play with 16 or more, it makes little difference to the game play. 1 of 4 compared to 2-3 of 20.
Best thing I can suggest is to keep people talking, and send feed back on those that quit. Just don't forget to send positive feedback (more) once in a while or your ratio won't mean squat.

Does it really matter if I quit? If I am down to 2 cities with Hoplites and I see tanks coming down the road, is their score lowered if I quit rather than watch myself die?

In a single player match, no. In a multiplayer match, it shows immaturity and cowardice, which is frowned upon.

OP: Baaaaawwww.

bonafide,

I can relate.. if you're shooting for cultural, economic, or spacerace and people know that you'll see exactly what happened.

I had that happen to me as well. was hit hard by military but they couldn't keep up with my rush buying so he dropped.

some players are cool and will do their best to acheive one of the other victories in time.. others just quit. sometimes I'll play it out since the person did a decent job of expanding and teching for the AI.

unfortunately it comes with the territory. was just as true in civ 4 multiplayer.

find people who don't drop and add them to your friends list. build up a group of people willing to commit the time even when they are losing.

you're welcome to count me among them and shoot me a friends request

NaZdR3G is my gamertag

NaZ

In a single player match, no. In a multiplayer match, it shows immaturity and cowardice, which is frowned upon.

C'mon, Really. If there is ZERO chance of winning, why waste 1/2 hour watching yourself be destroyed? I rarely get a chance to multiplayer at all, I don't want to waste it watching my slow, miserable death! That's not cowardice or immaturity...it's "Time Management."

Yeah it's one thing if you're just getting destroyed, but too many players quit as soon as one thing doesn't go their way. I always see people quit after their undefended settlers get taken. Or if someone tries to attack my city and it fails they always quit.

Yeah it's one thing if you're just getting destroyed, but too many players quit as soon as one thing doesn't go their way. I always see people quit after their undefended settlers get taken. Or if someone tries to attack my city and it fails they always quit.

I see the settler and attack gone bad thing then quit happen alot. I don't quit when it is something small like that, but when I lose my capital or lose 1 out of my 2 cities. There is just no chance of winning or coming back when you are cut in half like that. I have lost cities and taken them back, or lose when attacking and still win. I don't understand why people quit after the smallest set back.

Do any of you guys play chess?

Once a position becomes unwinnable resigning happens quite often and it still honorable. At the grandmaster level there are far more resigns than mates.

Top Bottom