Stop unit teleportation on city liberation

Avallac

Chieftain
I've made a mod request but in case nobody wants to do it would be great if someone can let me know how and if its possible to fix this issue:
When a city is liberated the faction that got their city captured and liberated remains at war with the newly liberated faction as well as the faction that did the liberating. However, all units from both sides (liberator and defender) get teleported in random directions outside city borders. This can completely ruin a whole game if lets say you have a city and your entire army is parked around it but then someone just suicide rushes the city if they have the opportunity and instead of it just losing a pop and switching ownerships like any normal city when it gets liberated your whole army can be launched up to 4 tiles away right into enemy cities, forts, encampments and destroyed, not to mention not being able to recapture the city on the next turn as would have normally happened with a regular city capture. Same thing also happens to the liberator himself, say you capture a city and liberate it and then all your units get teleported wherever the game feels like which can even permanently trap them inside someone's closed borders, be trapped on a patch of land inside mountains, island, even ship can be teleported into an inland lake from the ocean that they attack a city from. This is obviously a design oversight and has been giving me a lot of cancer and even ruined a game recently (multiplayer). Please let me know if there is some way to possibly fix it via a mod. Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I don't think that this can be modded without access to the DLL source code.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that this can be modded without access to the DLL source code.
That's quite unfortunate if its the case. I've seen an old and outdated mod that gave open borders with city state before its conquered and then liberated which made it so the liberating army units wouldn't teleport out but it didn't do anything about the units of the faction who used to own that city. Maybe there is some way to add a script to the liberate function so that whenever its triggered faction using liberate gets open borders with target and faction that who's city is being targeted would also get open borders with whatever liberated faction becomes owner of that city?

Top Bottom