[GS] How would I create a modifier that do something similar to Menelik II, but instead of cities receiving yield based on faith, its based on gold?

vibach

Chieftain
As stated in the title, rather than having the city receiving science and culture equal to 15% of the faith output like Menelik, I would like to be able to do that with gold, so something similar to what ADJUST_CITY_YIELD_MODIFIER_FROM_FAITH do. Unfortunately that one only works with faith alone, I have attempted work around with GRANT_YIELD_BASED_ON_CURRENT_YIELD_RATE (using a one-time project similar to moon landing), but unfortunately I cant figure out how to get it to constantly trigger every turn (unless I complete the project repeatedly, in which case, is there anyway to limit it so only one city can do it at a time, not just 1 time but multiple time but only in 1 city). Thank you in advance if anyone have any idea how to implement this.

Last edited:
I do hate it when devs harcode such simple things. Like it wouldn't be much more difficult to add a param to say which yield to convert from. Same code. Eh...
You could write a Lua script, but again - only on a Player level, there is no method on the city level.

However, if Player level is ok then using MODIFIER_PLAYER_GRANT_YIELD_BASED_ON_CURRENT_YIELD_RATE should suffice.
Just don't set RunOnce and Permanent, leave them false. Then it should work every turn (I think).

Last edited:
I do hate it when when harcode such simple things. Like it wouldn't be much more difficult to add a param to say which yield to convert from. Same code. Eh...
You could write a Lua script, but again - only on a Player level, there is no method on the city level.

However, if Player level is ok then using MODIFIER_PLAYER_GRANT_YIELD_BASED_ON_CURRENT_YIELD_RATE should suffice.
Just don't set RunOnce and Permanent, leave them false. Then it should work every turn (I think).
Yeah I will take the player level one, I did leave them both at false but then that comes down to how do I limit it so only one city can spam the project and not me overlapping the effect from multiple cities. Do I just gatekeep it behind something that I can only build once (like a government plaza or something)?

Edit: Gatekeep it behind a one time district/building work without appearing for other civ as well so long as the project is set up similar to Yongle’s lijia

Also attempted to use requirement set whilst leaving those 2 off, I thought that as long as I had the tech, it will keep granting it every turn, unfortunately it only trigger when I got the tech, so if anyone knows of one that check every turn, that would be really helpful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom