Stopping Enemy Capital Movement

Ethan_Kanin

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

just a quick question. Is there anyway to stop the enemy capital from moving when conquering it? Almost cost me my game today because I was unable to capture their spaceship. Luckily I made it just in time but god damn it their capital moved like 6 or 7 times...

It costs 1000 gold for a Civ to move their capital immediately, so they will stop moving it when they have less than 1000 gold left. If you capture some large cities, the plunder reduces the treasury.

I thought they just got it for free at their next largest city by default... but if Prof Garfield is right, then I'm wrong.
Garfield is right.

You attack their budget, or at higher levels, you simply plan for the expected capitol jump locations, and beat the snot out of them; you can usually tell what the next city will be (hint: its not going to be their weakest or least important!). This means Engineers most likely, you RR their empire during peace, and in war you make the final connections so you can take them all in one turn. In earlier game, you just have to do like Alexander did, and take them one at a time over several turns.

This will tell you in advance what the plunder will be:
Spoiler :

Gold plunder after capture of a city. This is true whether by conquer or bribe:

GP = N / (T + 1) * G

where
GP - Gold Plundered
G - Gold of target civ (at moment of capture)
T - Total number of citizens of all cities (at the beginning of the turn)
N - Number of citizens of the city before capturing (before city size decreasess by 1)

Top Bottom