Stops on Era Change!

Sir Donald III

Emperor
I played through on Debug mode shifting (shift-Right click) techs in order to see my mod progress.

But when I get past the ancient era, the game suddenly crashes. No Pop-up even.

So I played a game using standard rules but on Debug mode.

Same thing!

I even had all techs except Horseback "shifted" and then learnewd Horseback naturally. Same thing!

I tried reinstalling, Uninstalling and Reinstalling, even suspending my startup programs. Nothing has worked.

However, this happens only on the Regular Game. I tried doing the same with the mesopotamia conquest on Debug, and it works ok.

And the worst part is, my game worked like a charm until yesterday.

EDIT: Civ Conquests 1.22

UPDATE: Played a REGULAR Game: Tiny Map Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Russians.

I got into the Middle Ages just fine. But, a few turns later, the game exited during the IBT.

UPDATE 2: Ok, this is getting even more weird.

Knowing that 2 of my processes were causing trouble in the past, I decided to shut them down and play with others running.

I got past the previous point ok, and even got a Sci Leader which poped the Great Library for me. All was well...

Then I just put an ordinary worker to build a road on a piece of grass.

Bang! Back to Windows! :wallbash:

NEXT UPDATE: Now, I just turned off all startup applications, except for the one that Windows just plain refuses to close (NvCpl under Rundll32.exe), it does ok for a while, until I get in a war with the Dutch. They land some troops, I get the "Starvation" mini-Pop, and then... Bang! Back to Windows!

Well, when I reinstalled the first time, it was Conquest only.

Yesterday, I reinstalled the basic program and Conquests.

No problems thus far.

But keep this thread open for 1 week, just in case...

Top Bottom