Story pop-ups?

Colon

King
I seem to recall from way way back that SMAC would have cosmetic pop-ups, or something similar, containing narrative about the planet and its life-forms. However, when I got back to playing, I wasn't getting any of those pop-ups. Do these only appear some length into the game or is there some a setting somewhere that turns them on or off? Or I am just imagining that they existed? I never got around to "finishing" the story of the game, so I'd like to have them show up (should they actually exist).

Interludes are triggered by specific events, such as the first unit on a particular map square - or, if you're the Gaians, when the first mindworm you manufacture is killed, it turns out that the controller was Lindly and that triggers some business about vendetta on the killers, default Spartans, thus that's what the Deirdre tech narration about the ruins of Sparta Command is all about...

Interludes are triggered by specific events, such as the first unit on a particular map square

Yeah I figured it was something like that, but I was thinking I should have already triggered one of the interludes.

First fungus pop triggers a popup. First attack by a native may be too, not sure. There are several when approaching trancendence tech.

Top Bottom