STR-02 English Astronomers

IT (1920): Start gathering troops for the last war. Also use Great Engineer on Plastics, only speeds it up by 1 turn though. I make peace with Julius.

Turn 5 (1925): Katsina revolts, but doesn’t flip. I cancel Open Borders with India and Mali, to start the war next turn.

Turn 6 (1926):
I postpone the war by one turn to allow amphibious Infantry to arrive.

Turn 7 (1927):
Declare war on Mali and take Awlil, losing 2 Infantry.

Declare war on India. Strike at Bengal and Sakae and approach Dakka.

Declare war on Japan. The obsolete garrison in Yokohama destroys one Gunship, but the city falls easily.

Turn 8 (1928):
Bomb Bengal to the ground and take the city with no losses. One of our Gunships gets ambushed in the woods by Japanese Riflemen.

Turn 9 (1929):
Capture Sakae with no losses. All captured cities will end resistance in 4 turns, and I will turn up culture to ensure a quick border expansion.

Turn 10 (1930):
Take Punjab, losing one Tank.

Turn 11 (1931):
Only 2.5% left until Domination, I probably won’t even need to go beyond my 15 turns.

Turn 13 (1933): The game is won.

Final Comments:

Congratulations to the team for the victory and thanks for a fun game. Fortunately the team was complete again when the game ended ;). Hope to play with you again sometime I was disappointed by the variant however, as it ultimately didn’t do much except postponing our victory. It didn’t make the game any less fun though. I hope to start up STR-03 tonight or tomorrow.

And here's the replay for anyone who wants to enter it into their Hall of Fame (no sarcasm this time:lol:)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/78327/STR-02_AD-1933_0.Civ4Replay

Thanks for the opportunity to take a small part in such a well played game. The variant did play a role in keeping the English economy in the black for most of the game and I am not really sure how much it delayed the victory though I suppose we could have started chewing on the Japanese much earlier than we did.

Hey team. You did a great job! Hopefully it was not the last win of a STR SG :lol:

Nice work on the finish, Strauss!! :goodjob:

I thought the variant was fine, but not as limiting as I originally expected it to be. It may be that on an island start it is so important to beeline to optics and astronomy that the variant didn't affect our strategies as much.

Good job to everyone!!

Top Bottom