strange error with event modular mod

letsdance

Chieftain
i modded the civics (directly in the CIV4CivicInfos.xml) and everything went fine. then i added some events for civics.

i created a new Sonny_CIV4EventInfos.xml and Sonny_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml in the Modules directory and also copied the CIV4EventSchema.xml there. my events seem to work fine.

BUT now when any of the original events (from the unchanged original event files) triggers, they all have, after their event effect, an effect added like "In addition in 17006851 turns get a 11337901% chance for: 1 turn of disorder in argos, -1 population in argos, lose the courthouse."

this is exactly the effect of one of my new events. then there is the same text again with similar but different numbers for another of my new events. the problem persists if i use the original CIV4CivicInfos.xml instead of mine.

further testing showed that everything works fine as long as i add only (any) one new event (number of triggers does not matter). splitting events in different modular files did not help.

my event files are attached to this post. can anyone help me what went wrong?

thx =)

Attachments

• Modules.rar
    2.5 KB · Views: 42
My guess: Civ is confusing the modular EVENTTRIGGER_SLAVE_REVOLT_X with the normal EVENTTRIGGER_SLAVE_REVOLT, same for the text.
My suggestion: Rename your events to EVENTTRIGGER_NEW_SLAVE_REVOLT_X, rename the TXT_KEYs and put them also modular to the modular events.

I have no idea, if this will work, but it could.

thx for the input, but it didn't work :-/

i tried shortening the names. if it can distinguish EVENT_SLAVE_REVOLT_1, EVENT_SLAVE_REVOLT_2 and EVENT_SLAVE_REVOLT_3 (these are existing events) it must also be able to distinguish it with 5, 6 and 7 but that didn't help.

then i tried changing the strings, but that didn't quite work (the reason why i didn't want to do it in first place) - it only displayed the tag, but not the string. but at least i knew that i didn't mix them up with other existing strings. the problem was the same. i cannot imagine the strings being the problem anyways. many strings are used for multiple events and it does work. it's only strings after all.

but anyways, even if it would mix some things up, there should not be any additional effects for all existing events.

dance!

the problem seemed to have disappeared inbetween. i did some more tweaking with civics and events, then i deleted my event files and used the ones i posted here again, and suddenly it was working. no clue why. maybe they didn't load at all and i didn't check. then i moved the files to a different folder, and back, and now the events are again like described in the first post.

further testing showed that everything works fine as long as i add only (any) one new event (number of triggers does not matter). splitting events in different modular files did not help.

Top Bottom