1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Hive Unit

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by bluebear, May 5, 2012.

1. bluebear

bluebear Chieftain

I've decided to go back to playing SMAC original (no expansion) and I think I'm playing it without a mod. I'm playing as the Believers.

I decided to basically play the game until the mandatory retirement limit. When I was approaching the time limit, I noticed a Hive unit that I think I've seen once before. But I don't understand it. It's a fungicidal missile skimship.

I don't know how to recreate this unit. It's basically a missile skimship, but for some reason it has fungicidal special ability. What has happened?

Attached Files:

2. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom Chieftain

What's happened is that the AI doesn't care about the "you can't do this" messages, and has created a unit type that has chassis 4, weapon 6, armour 3, reactor 2, and has the flag for "Fungicidal".

It's all a bunch of 1s and 0s in the actual game, after all. There's nothing stopping it from existing besides the game not giving players that option. :lol:

3. bluebear

bluebear Chieftain

So true. So very true. :eek: