Strategy to convert my continent

MorphBer

Warlord
Hi guys,

pretty simple question. I am on an Island right next to a continent with 4 other civs. I vassalized Venice and converted all of William's cities. Now there are still alot of cities on the main land mass with Didos religion. Just wanted to now if and when yes how it is possible to convert all of the cities (without conquering, that would probably be the easiest way). Since I am spain I have infinite Faith (30+k). Allthough this can be spend on GPs so buying alot of missionaries comes at an opportunity cost.

My Religion:
Goddess of Love
Council of Elders
Dilligence
Zealotry
Inspiration
One World one religion (took this to try it out)

I actually made a big mistake taking dilligence and now have two per follower beliefs so spreding might not even be a good idea allthough none of the civs on this land mass are any danger to me (china and atztecs share thether continet and are my main cmpeitors). But even then, I just want to know how it could be done for future game. Do I need to be having a religous building for this? I thought missions could compensate for this but my pressure is pretty low on carthagian and austrian cities.

Religion map.jpg
Islam.jpg

With council of elders it’s definsgrly a good idea, you get a lot of hammers and science. It’s especially good if you are ready to rush wonders.

One world one religion makes the task a lot easier, your missionaries are a lot stronger.

First, start with the pockets. Pick an area closest to your religion or farthest away from his religious pressure. That way if he spends inquisitors or missionaries in that area they will be the least effective.

Second, build lots of missionaries. Like 20 if you can. Conversion is always done best as a hammer not in small doses. So get your missionaries scattered to the key areas, then hit them at once.

Third, your focus is on initial conversion not on holding the city for now. Convert the city to trigger your council of elder bonus, then move on to the next.

Now comes the decision point. Once you have done your tour one of two things generally happens. The religion Is sticking, or he has thrown inquisitors at it and eroded a lot of your work.

The first one is easy, you win!

For the second, you can either accept that you just got some really nice benefits from council and call it a day or commit further.

If you commit, repeat the steps I just mentioned. Make sure not to overcommit to any one city, as inquisitors will just knock that progress down.

For a time it may look hopeless, those damn inquisitors just seem unstoppable. But i find that Spain can out faith anyone...and at some point your enemy will run out of steam. The resistance ends, and cities just fall like dominoes.

Thanks, I was thinking about the same aproach, so I'll send a coulple of missionarys to every citie and then start to convert them all at once. Will see how this works

first get an open borders with the target civ
second - make around 1 missionaries for every 5 pop in each city rounded to closest 5 , i.e if 6 make 1 , if 9 make 2
third position all missionaries beside the cities.
fourth press them all at once
fifth if there is an inquisitors in one of the cities you gotta wait till it goes out . the ai usually remove it when a city is converted into another religion though.

Um, since you have infinite faith and zealotry, how about doing it the Spanish way? - Meaning all-out Reconquista mode with faith-bough units followed by inquisitors to "convert" your conquered subjects.

Top Bottom