• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Stupid Frixas

Do you think the descriptions in the Civopedia are a waste of time and effort?

• Yes, absolutely. I don't know what they were thinking about!

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • No, are you crazy! I love the Civopedia descriptions!

Votes: 81 71.1%
  • I don't care frankly! I just DON'T CARE!!!!!

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

Matthew5117

Emperor
Okay, I not so sure if Frixas is stupid but that's my question.

In the Civopedia, you can read very long text entries that provide a description for the item your looking at. However, since they can't copy from another source because that would violate the copy rights, they have to type it themselves. Don't you think that's a waste of time and effort that could be better spent on?

To support this question, I've provided a poll.

This has to be one of the most pointless gripes I've seen outside of politics.

i like i and i wish they had put in descriptions of the great people as well.

They too have some incorrect facts though. Like the Byzantine page says Constantinople fell in 1461, when had already fallen for eight years. Though that was when Trebizond fell.

THe Civopedia is OK for me but it's not layed out very user friendly like, I have trouble finding some things I'm looking for.
Besides its a heck of alot better than the manual...

It has some good stuff in it, although I don't think I've ever read more than the first like 3 lines of the entry for anything.

THe Civopedia is OK for me but it's not layed out very user friendly like, I have trouble finding some things I'm looking for.
Besides its a heck of alot better than the manual...

I'm not talking about the Civopedia in general. It is really useful (the manual says nothing!), what I am talking about are the descriptions.

Unrelated, if you want a better Civopedia, download the Sevopedia, its layout is a lot better.

I'm surprised the majority so far like the descriptions! :eek:

I once worked at a company that was doing a fly fishing game with in-built encyclopedia style entries. They had a hot girl to type in all the data so it was good all round.

One thing that annoys me about the civilopedia, it doesn't say you need to be next to a river and that a lake is no good for the hydro plant entry.

One thing that annoys me about the civilopedia, it doesn't say you need to be next to a river and that a lake is no good for the hydro plant entry.

Well is that something you can ignore once you learn the answer?

I like the civilopedia entries, actually, looking back, reading the entries is what jogged my interest in history and is what got me to do more research on the subjects. Other than some of the factual information being wrong, and some articles being kinda vague, I thing they're fine :thumbsup:

Main problem is the missing aspects of game info :mad:

for example the Apostolic Palace entry mentions the religious victory aspect of the wonder, but completely forgets the +2 hammers for religious buildings.

and so on in DOZENS of places

GRRRR

Okay, I not so sure if Frixas is stupid but that's my question.

In the Civopedia, you can read very long text entries that provide a description for the item your looking at. However, since they can't copy from another source because that would violate the copy rights, they have to type it themselves. Don't you think that's a waste of time and effort that could be better spent on?

To support this question, I've provided a poll.

IMO Firaxis should spent as much time on the Civpedia as on bringing out official patches (instead of Unofficial Patch-makers doing their job for them). Just my 2 cts.

The Civopedia in a game of this quality and at this stage of its development (the fourth in a series) nothing less than the best should be presented! Even it requires additional patching just for this feature.

^Um, last time I checked they were the creators for Civ IV.

I actually like the descriptions, I've been reading up on Isabella, Catherine and Winston Churchill. So it may not be 100% accurate and may also be shaded bias depending on who wrote it exactly. I still think there is some good information to be had and it certainly helps you by giving you information to go on as a basis if you want to know more about what your reading on.

I rather they be there then not, I mean it's not like your FORCED to read the descriptions of everything. For example I still have no clue who Mansa Musa is or Zara Yaque but eventually I will get around to reading about them and why Sid and Firaxis decided to put them into the game.

Have you guys read the description on Brennus? They make it sound like he could have been the basis of King Arthur *heh*.

Top Bottom