Submitting Games Question

Kev

Hired Goon
In Civ2, it was always very apparent as to when the game was going to end. You either knew when your ship was going to land, when you were about to take the final city, or when you were about to get beat. With this it was easy to save the game right before you ended and submit it.

In Civ3, I'm curious as to how this will work. I know that in other Civ3 games, I've recieved the "victory message" without knowing I was even close to winning. It would be very possible to all of a sudden get the message "You've won the game by dominance" while you haven't saved in like 15 turns or something. In this case, should a person just choose "continue" and then save right away and send THAT game in?

I know that I can look at the autosaves, but sometimes these autosaves don't seem to work right for me.

Also, Matrix - I'm curious if you think it's still necessary to send in games from 1A.D. and 1000A.D.? I thought in Civ2 that is was to detect cheaters, but without a cheat mode in Civ 3 will you still like to see all of these saves? I would just think that it would make your job easier to have fewer games sent it every month (although I did like looking at other players' games and see what they were doing in the early years).

I'm happy to do it any which way you like. I'm looking forward to seeing the Civ3 results.

I just used the autosave file from the turn before I won. What problems have you had with autosaves?

I also just go back to the autosave the turn before I won. I have not had any problems with the autosaves then.

Top Bottom