Subscribed mods at Steam Workshop are not being installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost all of my subscribed MODS this morning and now can't subscribe to them. This is highly annoying. Was working fine yesterday. When I attempt to subscribe and go back to play, the mods do NOT appear int he mods section.
Me too, think it's Steam. I'm having huge difficulties connecting Steam and got some sort of error message earlier in the Steam store.

Just started having this problem a couple days ago, AND I'm getting a CTD when trying to update the mods. Very frustrating.

Oh, and added to that, I have to relog into steam every.single.time I launch it. With out fail.

Add me to the list.

I have a back up of everything. When this happened in the past i would just replace the entire civilization 5 folder but now my subscribed item list on steam remains empty. No matter how many times i subscribe, nothing saves.

I am that close to giving up and move on ....

I have re cached to no avail. Seems like a steam issue to me.

Hello, God I am glad I am not alone. I just launched the game today only to discover that my RED mod is missing. And not only that, but I can not subscribe to it. Well I can, but it does nothing. Tells me subscribed and that is all. After leaving and going back I am unsubscribed again. Seems like a problem on the workshop. Fortunatelly I have a backup and this MOD can be easily downloaded here as well.

I woke up this morning to find that every single mod I have ever subscribed to in the Steam workshop no longer appears on the subscriptions page. When I click the subscribe button, it will not download or do anything. This is frustrating.:mad:

Glad to know I'm not going crazy this morning, it was working fine last night.
Ah well ... guess I'll do something else for a while :p

This has afflicted me, too. I tried most of the methods in this thread to fix it to no avail. The one suggestion I didn't try was re-installing the game - I'm pretty pissed about this so I have no interest in spending my scant spare time when I can just be playing another game. Despite my normally high loyalty to the Civ brand, I think this is the last of many annoyances that buries Civ 5 for me.

On the bright side, now I can check out Fallen Enchantress, which I haven't touched since buying it.

- Niilo

You would think that if so many have this issue,,Steam, 2k someone would at the very least make some post announcement or something acknowledging the issue and say what's being done about it...SILENCE MAKES ANGRY CUSTOMERS

I just figured out why I'm having this problem. Perhaps some of you have the same cause?
I was able to find a workaround, but I don't have a permanent fix.

Cause: Steam/Civ5 was installed with the Administrator account. I have a standard user account with UAC enabled. Even though the game is launched from within my account, some settings are pulled from the Admin account and some are pulled from mine. It's poor coding in the game for sure but perhaps not in Steam.

Solution:
1. Log on to Windows using the account with which Steam was installed. (Note: If you were logged on with your user account and asked for an Administrator password when you installed Steam then Steam probably installed as the Administrator account. As in my case.)
2. Launch Civ5 and install the Mods as normal
3. Exit Civ5
4. Copy this user's "~\My Games\Sid Meier`s Civilization 5\MODS" folder to "C:\Users\Public\Public Documents" (You cannot access the Administrator's folders from your account)
4. Log off from this account
5. Log on with your account
6. Copy the files you need from the "C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\MODS" folder to your "~\My Games\Sid Meier`s Civilization 5\MODS" folder
7. Launch Civ5 and install the Mod

If anyone knows of a permanent fix, please, let me know. Although this workaround fixes my issue, it's a pain in the butt to do every time I want to try out a new mod. That said, I hope this workaround helps out someone.

I'm having a similar issue. I have not problem getting the mods to show up on my mods list in game, but when they are there they just have a bar next to them that says Transferring, and other than that, nothing ever happens.

Have a Win 7 laptop and have been trying to subscribe to G+K mods and none of the subscribed mods will appear in the list of mods to be enabled. I have some mods enabled but they are from some time ago. Has anyone got a surefire workaround for this current ( Steam ? ) problem?

DavidR

PS I booted Civ 5 G+K on my Win 8 laptop and all outstanding mods suddenly download and I was able to enable them under the Win 8 game. I then copied the Mod folder from my Win 8 laptop to my Win 7 laptop and now I can enable all the mods in my Win 7 game.

How I got around this issue was using by these various methods:
1) backing up/copying my MODS folder
2) do Not have Steam start with logon to my computer (i.e. change the option in Steam)
3) if a Mod is lost and Steam shows you're still subscribed, unsubscribe from it, get completely out of Steam, then go back into Steam and subscribe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom