Successioin game: join in

Yeah, I've finished my turn, but it's on another computer, so I'll try to upload it asap.
Lot's of trade, a few engineers, several temples and an egineer near a place where a city could be on a delta with a wheat hex near it.

I got bored of moving all the units that weren't near unexplored parts, so I fortified them. Hope that's ok.

Please read end of log for note about engineer.

Attachments

• Succession log.doc
    35 KB · Views: 109
DiscoMatt next then.

Aug 18, 2004, 07:54 PM -- time last .sav posted
Aug 20, 2004, 08:56 PM -- time my .sav posted

Took me a little less than 48 hours; sorry about the delay.

According to the list, Oldn'Slow is up next. Someone see if he's still interested.

Ottawa Cronicle February 17, 20 B.C.
Prof. Garfield Apointed Governor General​
In a surprise move yesterday, Prof. Garfield was apointed Governor General by the queen. A Minister of Parliament was quoted as describing the expected apointee as "Old n Slow." Whatever the reason for this sudden change, according to our pole, Prof. Garfield was rated 76% to 19% as a good choice. Cont. on page 4

0: Change several build orders.

1: Steel, go for Auto; Edmonton temple; build Lachine. Incidentaly, the default name was Toronto.

2: War with Persians.

3: Auto, go for Gen Engineereing; build Winnipeg*;

4: Persians capture Babalonian city of Akkad; Winnipeg supermarket, Gen Eng. go for Mob War; Montreal University, Berlin temple.

5: Mongols and Aztecs "sign pact to contain our agression."; Winnipeg granary, Montreal superhighways, Banf temple; Mob war, go for M tools; buy Tyre.

6: Quebec Market; M Tools, go for Electonics; cease fire with persians (senate); build Cambridge Bay.

7: Electronics, go for Miniaturization; Toronto Market.

8: Burnaby Market; Miniaturization, go for Flight.

9: Montreal Grainary, Kamloops Aquaduct; Hut Barbs.

10:Carts change from GL to Magellans; lose 2 freight to barbs; Flight, go for Radio; Trois Rivieres library.

11:Az abandon GL; Mongs to Republic; Yellowknife Aquaduct; Radio, go for Adv. Flight; build Uranium City; Change to 60% tax, 20%sci, 20% lux; Rush asorted airports for 4800g.

12: Airports in:Fort McMurray, Welland, High River, Sumerside, Sioux lookout, Calgary, Maple Ridge, Caracross South, Provinceton, St. Johns, Churchill, Fort Albany, Dawson, Montreal. Winnipeg Court, Quebec library, Orleans Superhighway. Build Red Deer.

13: Persians Break cease fire; Lachine airport.

14: Adv. Flight, go for Mass production. Winnipeg market, Saskatoon Airport, Edmonton factory.

15: Dublin airport, Summerside aquaduct, Yoho library, Halifax aquaduct. Ajust to 20% tax, 20%lux, 60%sci.

Notes: *Winnipeg is a city that has a fair amount of grassland near it, and it is being heavily improved. This city is intended to suport lots of engineeres, so it will be fairly develloped with improvements too. Make sure that it can celebrate to be as large as neccesary, and build a factory for suport if needed. Freights: total 6931. Diliver all freight to Montreal, it will be more profitable than foreign cities, and the high trade will make it worth more with the ongoing trade. I built the airports to ease travel among the outposts, and the railway is comming along nicely, one can go from Hamleton to St. Catherins on it.

Ok, here's another new list, without Disco Matt. You're up next Old n Slow!

Old n Slow
Andu Indorin
Jadelicia
Speicalist 290
DSN
Prof. Garfield

Another note: Edmonton has a factory, and can pump out freight every other turn. It will probably be food though, so use it for wonderbuilding.

I just finished My turn in D+3 (I thought that we were waiting for someone else anyway.)

Ok I'm on it.

Hmmmm things look great. We have 64 cities and 69 techs. Pop = 14M Wait! Our SSC (Montreal) looks small (only size 21) -- we'll need to do something about this. Toggle to 2.4.4 Need some We luvin'. Also only have 32 Engineers -- let's do something about that as well.

280 -- 1 -- Sell the temple in Montreal (rebuy & change to Market; buy) also buy some markets, IRB some engineers & trucks (and countinue to do some of that for the next bunch of turns); buy/build Barracks in Tyre, Carcross South, & Cambridge Bay. Plan is for these three size two cities to be responsible for all of the war units in the field (JSB kicks in AFTER the unhappyness due to being out of a city, so the two faces in a size two city will be returned to content regardless of the number of units outside the city.)

300 -- 2 -- Discover MP, opt for Comp over CA, Comm, NF, Rocket. Disband the Halifax rifle too far away. a little over half of our cities celebrate (Montreal builds Market)

320 -- 3 -- Pop = 16M (Mont builds MT) Perse builds ME (Carts abandon.) Buy a Barb Arty.

340 -- 4 -- Pop = 17M Discover Computers, opt for Rock over CA, NF, Recyc. (Mont builds a bank.) Now have 42 engineers.

360 -- 5 -- Pop = 18M Paris builds SETI. Nab a Barb Leader for 150 coins. Found Near Babs (and three more cities later on.) Hmmm an experiment works -- an engineer set to auto starts irrigating near Dublin (three other experiments go 1 + (irrigation in an otherwise dry area) and 2- (engineers go crazy -- auto undone.)

380 -- 6 -- Pop = 19M (and tended to grow about 1M per turn thereafter...) discover Rock, opt for Comm. Hut = Pr Edward Isle (could use some Eng for growth -- maybe the island effect might boost some truck rewards.)

400 -- 7 -- Discover Comm, opt for Esp.

440 -- 9 -- Discover Esp, opt for GW. Found Nova Scotia (send in a couple of Engs.) Now have 59 Eng at work. spend 1300 for the UN. Take Perse (size 7 shrinks to size 2) and get ME (for free) but accidental contact wth the Persians lead to a CF.

460 -- 10 -- Discover GW, opt for Rob. Oh my!, Persians break the CF. Well, we'll just have to wander around and go shopping.

480 -- 11 -- Discover Rob, opt for Labor Pop = 23M (yep, still +1M per turn -- could be more, but I've been lazy about building sewers and have been sqeezing out some Engineers (count now at 58) instead.) Take Sidon.

500 -- 12 -- Buy Akkad (hmmm size 2, blasted down to size one, so we bought it for 38 (13 back) coins & get a settler as well.)

520 -- 13 -- Discover Labor, opt for Recyc.

560 -- 15 -- Discover Recyc, opt for CA (no other choice.) Montreal is size 34, Pop = 27M. Since most of the trucks have been traveling to the SSC, having this city up to snuff make some sense -- it also accounts for about 600 of our 1500 beakers per turn.

---------------------------------------------------------
Notes -- Akkad's settler is in the city, so when the city grows to size 2, have the settler <b> grow into the city, so at size 3 it can 'We Love' up to something reasonable. A few turns back I put a Barracks in Ultima Thule so it could sponser some defenders for the fringe. Also have a Part in the field (need a few more for city taking).

Very nice, though I sort of suspected that Winniped would suport more engineeres. CA is not so bad, it will give us paratroopers and helecopters, both of wich are quite suited for this map because of the distances of rough terrain, especialy the paratroopers because they can use the rail too.

Top Bottom