Succession games, how to start or join one?

jb1964

Hunter of Fish
I just had a great read through a succession game at Sid level and thought participating in one would be fun and educational. The participants in the game I read seemed to pick up quite a bit from each other during the course of the game.

How do succession games typically get started?

I have played up to Monarch successfully but have not ventured beyond.

There is generally a sign up thread, which you post in to ask if you can join. If you just want to get your feet wet, there are occasionally SG primers, which are great. I participated in one, and had a great time. It helped me become familiar with the Monarch level, and learn some different styles of play. Be warned though, the time commitment can be enormous. I had to drop out of one game, and haven't yet played anymore, because my time became too limited by work.

First off, there is a sub-forum in the stories and tales forum for SG's. Browse around there for games looking for players within your difficulty level. They are a great way to interact with others here at CFC, and to improve your play. An SG generally takes a couple months, so be prepared to commit up to four or five hours once a week or so, for quite a while. Nothing is more annoying than a failed SG due to dropouts.

Top Bottom