1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggested map script?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Cliftor, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Cliftor

Cliftor Chieftain

Well, I'm currently playing a game on Tectonics and I'll continue to explore it's options, but I have to say Erebus Continents are MountainCoast interesting. I'll continue goofing around with them and Global Highlands.

Thanks.

2. Jules.lt

Jules.lt Chieftain

I really like Tectonics 30%, and I'm happy that I convinced some of the MP crowd to give it a try.
    Still, I'd love a Tectonics 40% map that is generated in the same way as the 30%...
    As apposed to the "Pangea" option that is now between 30% and 50% in the scroll-down list.
    *Hint* *Hint* :D

This Erebus Continent mapscript looks interesting, btw. I'll give it a try.

3. zup

zup Chieftain

Pangaea tectonics is no fun. Usually no arctic areas. I want lots of ice to turn into grassland or burning wasteland. Boreal is no good because it hurts AI too much, even Illians.

EDIT: I ran one game of Erebus Continents. Better by far than Erebus but not enough of a sample to say if I like it more than tectonics. However, I feel it could be great to put it in as an official mapscript, as in included in the download.

4. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Chieftain

Can anyone recommend me a map script, if I like to play FFH2 or (a modmod of it) with all 22 starting civs? I tried the "accurate worldmap 232x112", but it seems that using a premde map prevents stuff like magic ressources getting placed , while the usual map scripts all seem to produce rather small maps for my purpose (even when picking "huge"). Just some continent/archipelago/earth/tectonic-like (not being too picky here), but importantly producing maps considerably bigger then the usual huge ones and not interfering with the special FFH2-stuff?

Thanks in advance! :)

5. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

Hello:

You can modify mapscripts to generate bigger maps than they usually do. If you know which one you would ideally like to use, I can tell you how to modify it to make it create maps above huge. Given the performance problems that Civilization IV / FFH2 have I don't think that you will ever be able to play such a game until the end in any computer, though.

6. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

if you like to play on regular map script, you should try full of resources. most of them are included with a lot of "bad generation" fixed, tuning of resources, terrain and lair generation for FfH (barb generation reworked as well)

7. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain