Suggested map script?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Cliftor, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Cliftor

Cliftor Chieftain

Well, I'm currently playing a game on Tectonics and I'll continue to explore it's options, but I have to say Erebus Continents are MountainCoast interesting. I'll continue goofing around with them and Global Highlands.

Thanks.

2. Jules.lt

Jules.lt Prince

I really like Tectonics 30%, and I'm happy that I convinced some of the MP crowd to give it a try.
    Still, I'd love a Tectonics 40% map that is generated in the same way as the 30%...
    As apposed to the "Pangea" option that is now between 30% and 50% in the scroll-down list.
    *Hint* *Hint* :D

This Erebus Continent mapscript looks interesting, btw. I'll give it a try.

3. zup

zup Emperor

Pangaea tectonics is no fun. Usually no arctic areas. I want lots of ice to turn into grassland or burning wasteland. Boreal is no good because it hurts AI too much, even Illians.

EDIT: I ran one game of Erebus Continents. Better by far than Erebus but not enough of a sample to say if I like it more than tectonics. However, I feel it could be great to put it in as an official mapscript, as in included in the download.

4. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Can anyone recommend me a map script, if I like to play FFH2 or (a modmod of it) with all 22 starting civs? I tried the "accurate worldmap 232x112", but it seems that using a premde map prevents stuff like magic ressources getting placed , while the usual map scripts all seem to produce rather small maps for my purpose (even when picking "huge"). Just some continent/archipelago/earth/tectonic-like (not being too picky here), but importantly producing maps considerably bigger then the usual huge ones and not interfering with the special FFH2-stuff?

Thanks in advance! :)

5. Terkhen

Terkhen King

Hello:

You can modify mapscripts to generate bigger maps than they usually do. If you know which one you would ideally like to use, I can tell you how to modify it to make it create maps above huge. Given the performance problems that Civilization IV / FFH2 have I don't think that you will ever be able to play such a game until the end in any computer, though.

6. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

if you like to play on regular map script, you should try full of resources. most of them are included with a lot of "bad generation" fixed, tuning of resources, terrain and lair generation for FfH (barb generation reworked as well)

7. Tholal

Tholal Emperor