[Suggestion] The ability to create custom civilizations

pedropavani

Warlord
Well, with the possibility of this being the last expansion of the game, I have been thinking if it would not be wise to leave a little gimmicky feature for us to create our own nations. I mean, the game already supports we renaming the whole civ and playing a nation with another's leader... so why not extending it a little further?

I think it would be a cool feature to let us just create our "patchwork" civs by mixing the existing civilizations, we would pick one of the existing leaders, a UA, two UB/UU and finally one of the existing flags and a colour... I know this can be modded into the game, but it is always nice to have a practical interface to do stuff.

It don't seems that hard to implement (If I am wrong please correct me) and I think it would be a nice feature for a single-player session and perhaps even small multiplayers with friends...

They had such a feature in Masters of Orion 2. You, the player, were given X amount of points to allocate to bonuses and penalties for your race. The better the bonus, the more points it cost. The bigger the penalty, the more points you could use.

It would be interesting to create your own civ using a similar mechanic. I like the point system because it creates balance. Certain UAs, UBs, UUs, ad UIs cost more points than others, and you have to find the balance. Pretty straight forward.

There probably aren't enough options to use said point system in ciV, but it is something I would like to see included into civ sometime in the future.

This sounds like a really cool feature, and I too think I've seen a mod like this.

Top Bottom