Suggestions of new Emergent Leaders Traits

Jojo_Fr

Prince
- This mod is great, thanks a lot to Black_Imperator to work on it !

- There are some Emergent Leader who have incremental traits which are not finished. For exemple, Instructor trait has 3 level of experience, but only the 1 level has an effect.

Craftmaster (Luchuirp only):

The level of the trait increase for each siege machine or military golem built (every golems except mud golem).
It increased more if the unit has high production cost (if it's techniquely possible).

The level 3 of Emergent Traits should be reached at mid-late game (not too late, but not too early).

Craftmaster 1 : Mobility 1 to all golems (as it's now).
Craftmaster 2 : Magic Resistance to all golems.
Craftmaster 3 : Sentient Golems (Each golem in city garnison reduce crime and unhealth by 1). The idea is that the golems are now close to be sentient, and they serve, clean and work in the city day and night.

Dominant (Mainly Calabims) :

Increase with each Dominated (captured) unit.

Dominant 1 : Same effect than now.
Dominant 2 : Command II for all melee, arcane and disciple units.
Dominant 3 : The Ministry of Truth building is available here, but not with the +20 % industry bonus. Calabims are already a powerhouse, with very fast grow, high production and superb vampires. They don't need this trait.

Illusionist :

Increase with each promoted into illusion Adept/Mages/Archmages ?

Illusionist 1 : Ok as it's now. Usefull.
Illusionist 2 : Overpowered building and not suited for the school. Would feat more with Spirit or Mind magic school.
Suggestions I do : This building make that each Illusion unit makes +0.5 happiness and +1 culture in the city per turn. Usefull if you have some adept/mages to summons. And they can passively level up in your cities.

Illusionist 3 : -90 % hammer, -90 % gold and -90 % recherch is super hard for such a low effect. Illusionist 3 should give something usefull and strong like :
Give a kind of Magic Warden to the city. Every unit inside has Fear aura.
OR
-50 % hammer but infinite happiness in the city.

Instructor :

Increase per each unit built and with each passive XP building ?

Instructor 1 : Grand one free promotion to each unit (like it's now).
Instructor 2 : +100 % passive XP speed from training in city.
Instructor 3 : +200 % passive XP speed from training in city.

The design is that this leader is grat to train his troops. He does is very fast, and can field units to war faster than others leaders.

Lycantrope :

I dont know. I dont see which design this trait should bring.

Lycantrope 1 :
Lycantrope 2 :
Lycantrope 3 :

Opportunistic :

Increase per each unit killed ?

Opportunistic 1 : +2 gold per killed unit is nothing. +10 would start to be significative.
Opportunistic 2 : +30 gold per killed unit.
Opportunistic 3 : Every Recon unit have Teleport to Capital spell. And every killed unit bring you a science bonus (like the Sacrifice spell of the Infernal Pact building of the Veil).

Reckless :

I dont know exactly how to give suggestions about this trait, because I don't understand the original idea. Giving channeling 2 to adept is very powerfull. You can have access to fireball, or powerfull summons, early in the game.

I think this trait does not really need to be an incremental trait. This trait alone could be enough interesting.

The only idea I see, it would be that each level of Reckless reduce the probability to go barbarian;

Reckless 1 : Same effect.
Reckless 2 : -3 % probability to turn barbarian.
Reckess 3 : Mages have access to channeling 3, but have 8 % (not possible to reduce) to go barbarian.

Regimented :

Increase with each battles, or each victories.

I think Multiple production should be a universal feature for the mod. Like in ExtraModMod, Master of Mana, and some others non FFH2 mods.

Guardsman is a good promotion against assassin. And it would be easy to buff this trait : giving a patrolling effect (anti crime), or giving a stronger effect for Commanders.

Scorched Earth :

- Very original trait. But very hard to balance. Auto razing conquered city is a hard nerf. You loose any building, any wonders, any working population. This phenomen need to give solid advantages. Here is what I propose :

Each razed city and pillaged improvements increase the level of the trait.

Scorshed Earth 1 : The effect which already exist + 150 % gold from pillage + One random tech when razing a city + One free settler at capital
Scorched Earth 2 : Current effects + Ruins (ruined city) give 3 happiness, 5 production and 5 science as exploited title to your nearby city.
Scorshed Earth 3 : Current effects + Free Peace with Infernal Barbarians + 150 % gold from pillage + Each Razed city give 5 happiness for your empire for the next 10 turns (in quick speed).

Slaver :

Increase with each captured slave I suppose ?
Note Bene : The Dark Council resolution who allow player to freely spawn slave for several gold is overpowered with these suggestions. A solution would be to allow only one slave buying per turn, with this resolution.

- Slaver 1 : Same than now.
- Slaver 2 : Slave has now the same workrate than normal worker.
- Slaver 3 : Whipping is +25 % more efficient. Or, say in another way, when you whipe your population, you need -25 % population to sacrifice.

Swashbuckler :

I dont know what to suggest here. Maybe a buff of land unit which attack from boats, and a buff to pillaged gold by blockading boats. And +300 % gold from pillaged cities. It would allow a rewarding Pirate strategy.

Theocratic :

This trait looks me weak compared to others.

Thresherious :

I am not sure of the intention behind this trait. But I would do something like that : This trait buff a lot recon units when they fight in willd land (OUTSIDE of your own land and outisde of the rival land). The idea is that your units are strong as map controlers.

And the second point I would buff is poison damages + bonus when attacking forest or jungle, to reflet their mastery of wild and untamed lands.

Another possibility I would find good : make this trait increase the maximum XP and speed of passive traning your recon units can earn by passive training.

Veinhunter :

I think the level 3 is very weak. The mithril is super rare so this bonus of 0.25 in defense in nothing (unless it means +25 % defense ?).

Maybe the bonus should be stronger. Like : every metal ressources (coper/iron/mithril) you access decrease the production cost of your melee units by -10 %. So with the 3 metals you ll have -30 %.

Top Bottom