Suped-up Great People and other inquiries

Bóreas

The Wind of the North
I've been reading Kael's modding guide, trying to see if I can make the mod that I have in mind. It is mostly small changes, but some that I'm not sure are even possible, so I am looking for some help. Here is the breakdown of things I'd like to add/modify:

- Only one type of great person, with abilities from almost all other great people currently in the game (is there a limit to how many different commands one unit can perform?)

- This new super-great-person would have to expire somehow, as in, you wouldn't be able to keep it around forever, and there can't be two at the same time for the same civilization.

- There would be a type of ambulatory (probably barbarian) unit that would randomly travel the map leaving fallout and damage in its trail.

- Once all civilizations built a certain landmark (by sacrificing one super-great-person) this ambulatory fallout-making unit would cease to exist.

- Also, the dating would have to change, like how the mayans have a different calendar in the game, I assume that's doable so that all civilizations have the same calendar but it's different from the standard one.

This is basically it, if I think of anything else I'll put it in a reply. I'm just wondering if these things are all possible, or if not, which are doable. Thanks in advance, guys!

While experimenting with making an epic unit, I was able to add all Great Scientist, Great Engineer, Great Merchant/Venice and Great General/Khan abilities plus all Great Person buildings. I have not yet tried to add Great Artist nor Great Musician stuff yet, nor Works of Writing. "Culture bomb" can be added also.

Great Prophet's faith stuff and the Great Writer's culture boost have been giving me issues so far, some of which might be because I am not using a Great Person as the base unit or some other promotion option is blocking their buttons.

If there is a limit to the number of abilities I can add, I have not yet run into it, as the epic unit has all worker options, even the sea ones, plus most promotion options like paradrop or enter rival territory. It upgrades to Archaeologist since it was one of the few non-GP unit abilities that I just could not get to trigger correctly.

Very cool. Now, can you make a great person out of a combative unit template? Or is it possible to make a Great Person have combat stats?

Ok, a couple more questions. Sorry guys, haven't modded since civ III haha.

- Is it possible to make a unit wander, attacking and raiding randomly, or, more ideally, just attacking what is in its path?

- Is it possible to make a city become a settler again or some other way to simulate a nomadic lifestyle?

Top Bottom