Super-Wide Fast Science Game

You should find the T0 and T254 save attached to my original post on this thread. They'll be at the bottom just under my pictures and article.

I left some comments on the other thread linking to this post and a note I'd done it and provided the strategy I used. You can find that strategy in the spoiler. It was an early religion, REXing, fast-growth strategy that required a lot of timing and thinking ahead to keep everything growing and happy. With the right religious choices though your cities can easily grow 3-5 population higher then they normally could midgame and this is the key here.

HOF Admins have a way of verifying saves. I think each savefile has an internal log that records reloads and what mods were active when you loaded the file. I'm unsure how they do this though, you could message Browd, he may know.

@OP; I've been reading this thread (as well as the other thread - the one that, uh, apparently requires a LOT of emotional energy...), and could have a bunch of questions for ya (I've been playing seriously for about a year). But here's just one:

What the heck is REXing? I can't find it described anywhere. I've even looked in the IV forum. Bet I'm overlooking it; maybe you can point me to it, please?

@OP; I've been reading this thread (as well as the other thread - the one that, uh, apparently requires a LOT of emotional energy...), and could have a bunch of questions for ya (I've been playing seriously for about a year). But here's just one:

What the heck is REXing? I can't find it described anywhere. I've even looked in the IV forum. Bet I'm overlooking it; maybe you can point me to it, please?

REX stands for Rapid EXpansion a.k.a. building as many cities as quickly as possible.

I had heard REX described by someone as Rapid Early eXpansion but either works.

When I use the term I'm basically saying you go through a phase where you produce settlers as quickly as possible to claim city spots early in the game (before turn 100).

@Browd, I DID look in that thread, and like I said...I overlooked it. Thanx all!

For a peaceful Win Condition it would be:

Leaning Tower of Pisa > Temple of Artemis > Pyramids

It isnt even a debate, LToP is by far the best wonder in the game. The fact that it allows you to get an Engineer to get an (almost) guaranteed Globe Theatre, or, even better, snitch the Sistine Chapel from the AI is huge. This does not only help your culture game significantly, it also makes LToP the most significant wonder for a cultural victory, because by removing Sistine you are essentially crippling the AI that was going for it. You could always get a Scientist of course, which is also fantastic.

For a domination attempt I would rate them:

Macchu Picchu > Alhambra > Pyramids

Macchu is absolutely fantastic because it makes your road networks actually profitable. Otherwise they would be a huge drain on the economy. Strategic roads are one of the biggest parts of a domination victory. Alhambra is pretty self-explainatory. I think the most significant bonus is not getting March out of the gate but rather being able to go double cover promotion very early and being able to pick the siege promotion for your XCom, speeding up the endgame significantly. Pyramids is insane in conjunction with the pillage-repair tactic. Often time I will leave an enemy city alive just to farm one or two hundred gold per turn by pillaging.

I think you're looking for this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14219757#post14219757

Top Bottom