Symbols etc. on map

David Young

Chieftain
Is there anywhere I can visit to explain all the various symbols on the map. It took me 3 days to work out the number above the city name is the city strength! I've got most of them but some are still a mystery.

Thanks

Is there anywhere I can visit to explain all the various symbols on the map. It took me 3 days to work out the number above the city name is the city strength! I've got most of them but some are still a mystery.

Thanks
You can try the Civ VI wiki. Pay attention to what info belongs to which expansion though, also, it may not be entirely free of mistakes.

You can try the Civ VI wiki. Pay attention to what info belongs to which expansion though, also, it may not be entirely free of mistakes.
Ta for reply - will try but have already browsed. By the way, do you know any way to redirect where one's city is expanding - the purple tile that says 'expansion in xx turns' or similar? Thanks

do you know any way to redirect where one's city is expanding - the purple tile that says 'expansion in xx turns' or similar?
There isn't any, the game itself chooses the expansion tile, you can't tell where to expand (it tends to go towards resources first), and when it expands, it will not necessarily be the purple one. If you want specific tiles right now, you must buy them with gold from one of the tabs in the city screen.

There isn't any, the game itself chooses the expansion tile, you can't tell where to expand (it tends to go towards resources first), and when it expands, it will not necessarily be the purple one. If you want specific tiles right now, you must buy them with gold from one of the tabs in the city screen.
Ah well! Thanks for prompt reply.

Ah well! Thanks for prompt reply.
You're welcome :)

By the way, the touchpad of the controller is your friend - press it and it will provide a tooltip box with a bunch of information for whatever is currently selected - a land tile, UI element, unit, building, etc. Don't hesitate to press it on everything you can highlight with your D-pad and other buttons.

Thanks
Are there any specific symbols you have in mind? We might be able to help.

Top Bottom