Tactics and strategy...follow the action

I think it's a good idea... I intended to spam SKs from now on anyway in capital :)

I was thinking roading that grasshill hill (with forest) north west of iron city... once the iron is up (and maybe the farm on fp) This will really annoy Babylon as it allows us to safely go in his bfc via my cities...

the worker in the capital will chop the last forest and improve stone next.

OK cool..

Also for this turn I was thinking maybe you can trick the jag by allowing him to get on the pig hill.

That is if you can get a skirm in capital this turn....as if he goes on pig hill you will have 3 skirms to kill him easilly next turn....other wise there is no way to stop him getting in the forests where he is dificult to get rid of.

Yeah, with my two SKs I can prevent him to reach the cap for sure, but three would be cooler to kill him... A road east of Timbuktu will be usefull in 3/4 turns (I guess he will go on with its circle around the city). My SK west of iron city check for additional jags.

OK no way of building a SK in one turn... that means I will lose the pig if I don't move on the tile now...
if I do move on the pig, he will attack the city in two turns anyway (via forests) so I am gonna slave a SK next turn for sure...

I agree with your retreat plan near Babylon, there are attacking next turn most likely if we don't move... what are the "x' signs? Are u suggesting I move my other Sk following this path? I was using it as a sentry... though your scout could play that role for the next few turns...

tell me what u think... I would played it conservative, moving the SK west of the jag on the pig, next turn he is next to the city and I whip a SK, turn 2 he dies or retreat. I will play after more input :)

Mutal - Swordsman completed at turn's end and will have another Sword next turn (they start with Combat I) . Assuming I start sending these two to Memphis, any thoughts on promos ---Combat II, Shock or City Raider?

Lakamha - Started on Granary at IS's suggestion and sent a worker to chop. Also, Pasture on the Pig hill should be done in 2 turns.

Mutal - Swordsman completed at turn's end and will have another Sword next turn (they start with Combat I) . Assuming I start sending these two to Memphis, any thoughts on promos ---Combat II, Shock or City Raider?

Lakamha - Started on Granary at IS's suggestion and sent a worker to chop. Also, Pasture on the Pig hill should be done in 2 turns.

I would not send lone swords, the purpose of building those now was to allow you to make a third city safely and cover your forests. the promos save them and decide when you are about to face something.

@ Dan you need to make some sentry units I would suggest 1 archer to the north and one to teh south to occupy some hills and know what is comming. Also your south needs to be scouted maybe an impi can help with that.

@ Dan you need to make some sentry units I would suggest 1 archer to the north and one to teh south to occupy some hills and know what is comming. Also your south needs to be scouted maybe an impi can help with that.

sounds good; I can send the next impi to scout the area south of me/Dan.

I'm also thinking about getting a granary in both cities as the next builds; does this sound ok? As far as slaving goes, should I be trying to set up 2+ pop whips or just whipping 1 pop as often as happiness allows?

sounds good; I can send the next impi to scout the area south of me/Dan.

I'm also thinking about getting a granary in both cities as the next builds; does this sound ok? As far as slaving goes, should I be trying to set up 2+ pop whips or just whipping 1 pop as often as happiness allows?

You have plenty of food so 2 food whips work best. At this stage it is more efficient to use 2 pop whips than to work mines.

Also before granary I would get a third city up.

building an archer for that right now. Rome moved his Archer away though. Already has settler ready for that hill? Will get 2nd archer as well.

What mix of units should I be building now - axes, impis, something else?

also, where should I be sending them - still towards Delhi?

What mix of units should I be building now - axes, impis, something else?

also, where should I be sending them - still towards Delhi?

My opinion would be to get 4 cities with granary and barracks all of them, enough workers to improve them and then make a huge impi stack.

Solo units for now do not send anywhere, use a few units to create a sentry net to see what is comming, but do not send solo units into enemy lands.

Well Rome has settled that hill tile. Plan now is to get my cottage farm in the back going then get some units. City #4 would be too risky without some good defense first.

Icefire do you think you can send that impi you just made in capital to capture back the worker aztec stole from Mali, who is currently sittying outside my third city?

Hi team, I'm filling in for RRRask for a while. :)

I'm just taking a look at the situation, Mali has 8 skirms, one warrior in the cap, 2 workers. They all seem to have moved already this turn. There is nothing in the build queues... has the turn for Mali finished? (I'm not familiar with pitboss)

In any case, let me have a first draft: Skirm in capital (or worker? - both 1 turn with overflow), barracks in iron city Camelot (max food). Cap worker to chop NE forest and then quarry stone, Iron city worker to finish roading iron and then road and chop NW forest toward Babylon.

As for the skirms, I guess I can address that next turn. What's with the Egyptian worker out by itself to the SE of Timbuktu?

Welcome Sweetacshon :)

Yes this turn has finished. Basically in seperated turns pitboss like this when you press enter you finish your turn and can do nothing until your opponent plays his turn. So you have to be VERY carefull to not press end turn until you are absolotely certain you have done all you wanted.

Also units and builds appear when you press end turn. So if it says Axe 1 turn for example, when you press end turn that axe will appear in city...but you cannot move his until next turn.

So on the situation.

I have roaded the iron 1 turn so next turn you should be able to finish roading iron and start an axe both in capital and front city. In capital there is enough overfolw to get him in 1 turn. In front city you should work the flood and grow to slave him.

Generally you are in the front and alot of heat is on you, various units heading towards that front city....will post with screens later on.

Will have settler out in 2.then I can pump out 1 dog every 2 turns in my cap to rectify my #8 in power position. I suspect that Rome is still weak as Preats are expensive. I do need to get that iron city location once i get enough units for protection (note he cannot fork that city and my cap 2NW of my cap due to the hill 1 NW.

Long term I need horses from someone at some point. Dogs become too weak once cats/HA/eles are all around. But not an immediate issue.

trying to get up to speed...

So do we have a general plan in the south, or are we just skirmishing for now? We seem to have Babylon nicely tied down, but I assume there is no plan to press in from the Camelot side? Is the plan, then to keep them hemmed in, as we have more land, and then out produce them, or to mount a concerted attack before then? All my units are staying in place, pretty much, apart from workers, of course. Any other suggestions? I didn't press enter.

I have paused it with 40 mins left, as icefire and DZ don't seem to have finished yet.

An enemy warrior is now on a hill next to one of my archers, and a scout next to my impi; should I risk attacking either of these? I was thinking to attack with the impi but not the archer; any other opinions about this?

Also, is it worth it to improve the plains marble or is it better to just focus on cottages?

Top Bottom