Tactics and strategy...follow the action

We need to decide on next tech since we will have priesthood in 2 turns.

I suggest we go pottery to start getting granaries and maybe some cottages here and there.

Another option is to claim polytheism if we think we can control that it ends up in Munro's cities.

What do you think?

OOps sorry... it just got out of my head... no lack of interest...
I vote pottery for granaries mostly.

Tombouctou: I'll most likely whip the settler after another SK (done in one turn with overflow)... unless another SK is needed to get ride of the jag (I hope not). I will have two SKs in place near the iron next turn, two are next to Babylon, and two are planned to kill that jag/prevent him to be too annoying. I've cut one forest, only one remaining in my first ring. I took your suggestion of building a road one south of the city, hopefully I 'll be able to keep the jag from fortifying in the southern forests.

edit: I sent you the marble but it doesn't worked, will do that again when I log in...

Sorry - haven't had a chance to think about this properly yet, but I am worried about happiness issues if we don't have at least one religion, or beeline to Monarchy soon. IIRC neither Dan nor I have any luxury resources within reach, and we're not charismatic either (no offence Dan :p). So happiness could be a problem - especially if we go for granaries instead for harder whipping.

Also, since I'm spiritual, temples would be cheap for me at least (plus the free :) from the religion itself) and IIRC (don't have the game in front of me) Polytheism is the one that gives monasteries, so I could spam some missionaries to Dan and then up north as well.

Religion would help with faster border pops as well (especially if we miss henge for any reason).

Granaries are great but only as long as you've got the happiness to use them properly. I can't remember what the situation is in the north though - do we have any happiness resources up there that will let us use them fully? If not, maybe we should go for the religion.

The plan is to take monarchy from Oracle. Monasteries and missionries are not for this type of game..you want army here and granaris is the best way to fast whipping.

However if we are sure we can make religion go to you that are spiritual then we could go for polytheism.

But what we must be thinking is how fast we will make big armies and how will we combine them to attack and kill someone..remember this is 2 city elim game.

Your impis are essensial to any combined attack plans....so you want to be building them not missionaries and monasteries.

Fair enough. I'm not sure the religion would be that much use without Monotheism and some deliberate spreading anyway. +2 :) in one city is not worth the 279 beakers.

Pottery sounds like a good bet then. If we get Monarchy from the Oracle to help with the whip anger, then granaries will be useful.

Pottery sounds good.

Finished mine and RRR's turns under the wire -- we get Pottery in 4.

Also, wondering what to build next. I have a Settler in queue and can get it in 3 turns, as I'd like to get a few built with my Settler bonus while Egypt is still playing defense. If you all don't agree, there's also Barracks and more military units.

If a Settler is okay, I have a feeling that IS's proposed location to the SE could be too close for comfort. I was thinking NE to capture the Horses/Pigs (though Horses is already within my culture now), or SW. I'll try to get a screenshot during the break.

Also, I'll have Iron connected to both cities next turn, meaning Axes will be available, and I'll have a good counter for both Jags and WC's.

Lastly, sorry for being out of touch. I'll try to get back in the game here, guys. :)

Finished mine and RRR's turns under the wire

I had played my moves Donovan :) I didn't end turn as Indian hadn't selected a build in Persepolis. I wanted to give him a chance to do so... But tx anyway :)

I had played my moves Donovan :) I didn't end turn as Indian hadn't selected a build in Persepolis. I wanted to give him a chance to do so... But tx anyway :)

Thanks Ras...but in turn based pitboss there is no need to select build after you end turn. Turn are indivisual not like sequential pitboss where things happen for everyone at the end of a global turn...

@ Donovan...I would go third worker and a couple of units before settler. The forests need to be chopped and there are plenty of them.

Also why did you move the warrior and the holcan off the forest hill?

Here is the situation for Mali, couple of questions:

Tombouctou: I suggest moving the SK in the city on the grass forested hill, jag will then move on the grass tile next to the city most likely or retreat (I could attack with two SK). Builds: I can go on with the settler or build another SK and grow to size 6 in one turn switching the floodplain to a forest plain... what do you think? Maybe a tirhd SK near the city is safer? the unhappy faces wouldn't matter as I can whip the settler for 3 pop anyway...
The worker in the area can go either to one of the two last forests in the first ring to chop it or go to the forest 2S of Tombouctou to chop it as well. Other worker will road so the settler can go to its site in one turn.

Babylon: @Indian: if you move your immortal where my northern SK is standing (with the sign) and I move one north then, we can prevent the jag to go into Babylon (worker is most likely building a road now after its chop)... what do you think? worth it?

Ras I suggest you move skirmisherin city to forest hill and skirmisher on pig on marble. Start another skirm in city this turn and then next tur depending on what happens you can 3pop whip settler. If the jag moves on grass then you can kill him safely, but to be sure you need to start another skirm this turn.

The prevent jag note I don't get since as you said worker is roading so the jag will be able to move in city. Keep you skirmishers fortified where they are, i wil move my immortal to the south forest so nexy turn he can join your skirm.

Aso the skirm sitting on the western forest hill (next to the one you plan to settle on), I suggest you move him on the non forested hill towards babylon since he is not needed there.

BTW Oracle is due in 3 turns....hopefully they will not get it before then..

Okee doookie, agree to the moves you suggested... tx for the short reply. Let's hope for the best regarding Oracle ;)

Donovan can you please tell us where you intend to settle? Also note that since you moved holkan and warrior from the hill, most likely in a few turns you will hav a jag a couple of archers and maybe a war chariot next to your cities...if they take the unchopped forests you will be chocked...that is why I suggested worker and units and chop the forests instead of improving the plains.

Also since you are imperialisticit is better to work hammers when building settler and not unimproved floods.

Moved scout onto hill (sacrificing the scout) and..no horse, however there is stone 2E of Delhi which has just been roaded/quarried, w/workers still on it. Unless India started it beforehand they will not beat me to it however as i have 45 hammers into it with 2 chops+11 hammers to go into it next turn.

So after pottery what do we tech?

The logical choice is writting so we can go math after..that is assuming we win Oracle race.

Any other thoughts?

How about getting a religion? Don't want to give them the idea of taking them all. Then go writing>math

How about getting a religion? Don't want to give them the idea of taking them all.

I am happy they go hunting religions while we hunt them... seeing as everyone but Dan has horses within borders, I'd go either HBR (war path), either writing -> math (growth path).

@Indian: we attack Babylone with 5 immortals and 3 SKs? Seems a bit light to me... am I missing troops or do you plan a second build up before we try to attack? How do we coordinate the assault?

edit: attack turn 35? (earliest possible)
edit2: iron city up in two turns (whipped settler for three pop)

HBR is an option definatelly. The math path leads better chops and of course to construction ....the choice will depend on what we plan to do really.

Munro and Donovan are aggressive so it might be better for them to build axes and swords (and impis) than horse archers. So horse archers would better suit me and you Ras.

We need a military plan really. In the north it will be difficult to take out someone as they are 3 players in a row and can quicly transfer units from one to the other. If we are going to kill someone early it will have to be with a surprise attack in the south (impis + chariots come to mind). At the same time we need to watch out for an attack at the north..especially to Donovan.

Now regarding the situation in babylon, of course we cannot take the city with 5 immortals and 3 skirmishers...the plan is to keep babylon chocked and at 1 city while we grow and settle more cities.

BTW next turn I suggest you play last Ras so we get pottery and you get a granary in capital with all that overflow.

Next tech we need to decide fast...I am fine with either HBR or writting....Munro, Donovan?

Top Bottom