1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

tag : Tech Yield change

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Tripod, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Tripod

Tripod Chieftain

Hello
    Does anyone can tell me what do I have to do to add a tag like <RiverYieldChange>
    (-> <TechYieldChange> )to the TerrainInfo? I want to add a tech to my mod that gives one more food to grass terrain even there is no farm on it to make citys grow faster in modern times.I know that I have to make changes in the SDK but I dont know how to do it:confused:
    Thanks for your answer and merry christmas:)

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

If you wanna be able to do this, and any future SDK changes, you might as well start with some guide or tutorial. Since its not just a matter of editing some file, it would be hard to give the full answer here. And I believe adding new tags to the XML files requires some additional skill.

Just for the record: I don't know how to do any of this myself, but I know that it involves things like compilation of a DLL file. I also know there are supposed to be guides for this sort of things available.

If this is too much for you to chew, at this point, perhaps someone else could make this happen for you. (It would only take a fragment of the time compared to the work involved with talking you through how to do this yourself.)

3. Tripod

Tripod Chieftain

I take a look at the tutorials many times but my english is too bad,so I don`t really understand them:confused:
    May be somebody can tell me what to change/add to the SDK Files please? Merging them is no problem but I often tried to change something by myself but all I got were many many errors:help:

4. LyTning94

LyTning94 Dragonborn

If I were you, I would add a tag to CIVTechInfos rather than to CIV4TerrainInfos. It would be much easier to do something like this:

Code:
    <TechInfo>
            <GrassYieldChanges>
                    <iYield>1</iYield>
                    <iYield>0</iYield>
                    <iYield>0</iYield>
            </GrassYieldChanges>
    </TechInfo>

than adding something to CIV4TerrainInfos. Mainly because you would also have to tell TerrainInfos what tech allows the yield change.

In regards to the SDK, it shouldn't be that difficult to make. I recently created my first mod using the SDK, and it was somewhat similar to what you want to do (I allowed techs to increase the commerce of the player's cities). I used An Idiot's Guide to Editing the DLL to get me started, and got some help (okay, make that a lot of help :mischief: ) from the community with what the tutorial didn't cover. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them (if I can, that is ;) )