Take Two/Zynga

Or even worse, A phone only version of Civ [pissed]
Civ Rev was kinda that.

I'm more worried about things like daily rewards, a free-to-play, pay-to-win paradigm, and the game being designed with an aggressively limited quantity of an artificial resource which accumulates over real time, but can be rushed by spending some kind of currency that is most easily acquired by trading a little US$ for it.

Civ Rev was kinda that.

I'm more worried about things like daily rewards, a free-to-play, pay-to-win paradigm, and the game being designed with an aggressively limited quantity of an artificial resource which accumulates over real time, but can be rushed by spending some kind of currency that is most easily acquired by trading a little US$ for it.
Wait, so nobody else here wants to play CIV-VILLE??!?

I have to be honest, before looking them up I thought they were the pokemon people. I had visions of wandering aimlessly around my neighborhood; and having to explain to people that I wasn't crazy, I was just looking for the invisible Sumerians.

I have to be honest, before looking them up I thought they were the pokemon people. I had visions of wandering aimlessly around my neighborhood; and having to explain to people that I wasn't crazy, I was just looking for the invisible Sumerians.

That would actually be kind of amusing, walking around your neighborhood, uncovering goodie huts and natural wonders and meeting city-states.

"Why are all these people taking pictures of my house?"
"This is where Uluru is."
"There sure are a lot of people at the bus stop this morning."
"That's actually Hattusa."
"What's everyone running from?"
"There's a barb camp on 5th and Main."

Do not see Civ7 listed. :(
Spoiler :

I suppose the last line "NEW ITERATIONS OF PREVIOUSLY RELEASED TITLES" would account for Civ 7. It says 8
games, but the "TITLES ANNOUNCED TO DATE" field is blank.

Hmm. They have Midnight Suns in the second half of 2022, but the paused marketing push hasn't resumed for it yet.

Also, FY2023 - FY2025 runs from April 2022 to March 2025. Those 8 iteration titles have almost 3 years to arrive.

Well, at least with Civ World we already have an online failure. Let's hope they'll not try that again.

Agree. But given that they now have experience porting to mobile devices such as tablets and consoles, I expect that to continue and grow. Perhaps a mobile-only spinoff?

Given Zynga's huge investment in cloud infrastructure for their mobile games, one could imagine a more robust multi-player Civ 7 environment hosted in a slice of that infrastructure.

Christ...

"Do you guys not have phones?" :sarcasm:
Still remember that epic fail from BlizzCon.
Given the current trend of game companies to monetize absolutely everything, this does not bode well for the franchise.

Given the current trend of game companies to monetize absolutely everything, this does not bode well for the franchise.

never pre-order , never buy game on day 1. they are digital after all, they will never run out of stock or out of discounts
watch some twitch ,youtube first and then if convinced buy.
if everyone keeps throwing money at game companies why would they ever change their money printing style. it is not like they are losing anything at the moment , which makes them all the more aggressive in pursuing alternative routes to get even more money.

This does not sounds like good news to me. If everything stays the same for Civ francize I would say its best possible outcome. Nothing good can come out from "mobile games market", "marketing experts" etc titles in company success story.

Top Bottom