Team CFC Constitution

Alright, this is the version of our Constitution I think we should put up for a vote.

Governance:
The Leader is in charge. His duty is to organize decisions and keep things moving. The Leader decides when a team vote must be taken, and suggests topics that need to be discussed. The Leader always acts as the tie-breaker, and has the ability to over-rule the results of a vote if he decides it is in the best interest of the team.

The Second in Command is the Leader’s chief lieutenant. He helps with leader chores, and is responsible for the organization of votes and elections. The Second in Command also helps to keep things moving.

The Chief Diplomat is responsible for dealing with other empires. The Chief Diplomat is responsible for appointing ambassadors, organizing our foreign policy, and keeping track of alliances and threats. If an appointed ambassador is not maintaining communications with other teams in a timely manner, it is the Chief Diplomat’s responsibility to step in.

The Elector-General has the singular power to oversee elections. Any team member can message this official, privately or publicly, to request an election, which he will then call without mention of requester(s). The Elector-General may not run in or be elected to any other posts.

The Leader or Second in Command may create additional posts or positions, and determine whether these positions will be appointed or voted upon.

Elections:
Elections shall be conducted by the Electoral-General, following a private or public request by any team member.

All candidates for any positions must be nominated or submit their candidacy before the election begins. The Second in Command shall create a poll, and each team member may cast one vote per position. Elections will be private and will run for a time period determined by the Elector-General. The candidate who wins the most votes shall occupy the position.

In event of a tie for Second in Command or Chief Diplomat, the newly-elected Leader will determine the winner. In the event of a tie for the Leader position, tied candidates will determine to either rule jointly as co-Leaders, or a second vote shall be called, featuring only the tied candidates. If that vote also produces a tie, the outgoing Leader shall select his replacement from the tied candidates.

A turn which is played during an election shall be the responsibility of the outgoing officials.

There is no limit on how many posts a person may run for or hold, except for the Elector-General.

All Turn Players must be approved by a simple Yes or No vote. The approved Turnplayers must determine amongst themselves who will play the upcoming turns. The Leader and Second in Command automatically have approval to be a Turn Player.

Elector-General is elected just like all the other positions, so I just removed any special mention about the method of choosing this official. As I mentioned before the first round of votes, I've never actually created a Poll here, and I'd hate to mess something up, so if someone else wants to actually do this part of it, that would be great (maybe someone who wants to run for Elector-General so could be doing this stuff for the team anyways). If no one else can do it, I'll try to put up a poll sometime tomorrow. We also need to figure out how we handle votes against certain parts of the constitution. Is there a standard way of dealing with that? Is it a straight yes or no vote on the entire constitution, or can we vote yes on everything but one aspect? What's the next step if the proposed Constitution does not get approved?

And we have elected all positions already except for Elector-General. Do we hold a Special Election for just this position, or do we hold elections again for all positions? Personally, I think it's too early to hold general elections again, but we should figure all this stuff out.

Make it a 4 alternative vote. Yes, No, Yes with reservation against X (and person writes what part he wants gone), Abstain (this should be an option too for those who want their vote to show as abstention)

Looks very good! Great work :)

Looks great to me. The only thing I have a question on is, in the election process, why does the 2nd in command create the election polls? It seems that would be the responsibility of the Elector General.

Looks great to me. The only thing I have a question on is, in the election process, why does the 2nd in command create the election polls? It seems that would be the responsibility of the Elector General.

That is left over from before the elector-general was created and should be edited out. Second-in-command will now just help with team votes, not elections.

That sounds good to me. It's clear what the intent of the document is. To be clear I'll note the two spots I see where the 2nd in command's powers are still said to include elections.

The Second in Command is the Leader’s chief lieutenant. He helps with leader chores, and is responsible for the organization of votes and elections.

All candidates for any positions must be nominated or submit their candidacy before the election begins. The Second in Command shall create a poll, and each team member may cast one vote per position. Elections will be private and will run for a time period determined by the Elector-General. The candidate who wins the most votes shall occupy the position.

Top Bottom