Team CFC Turnlogger App - "TheFastWorker"

Something went wrong with the screenshots when I was making turn88 report, is it possible that TheFastWorker have problems with database or we reached our quota of storage or something like this?

:eek: I hope not! I can see the pictures in the State of the Empire thread just fine.

Yes, it must have been some temp hiccup. Thanks God and thanks Tobias we have TFW :)

Moving here discussion/idea about TheFastWorker. Tobias, if you read this and think something can be done, I (and all others with weaker computers) will appreciate your time and efforts :)

Is it possible to have thumbnails for the pictures in the State of the Empire thread? I am finding that all the pictures are messing up my firefox.

Not really, at least for old reports. And I know they are a lot of pictures and a lot of Megabytes to load, but this is the way we upload them at the Fast Worker. I never though a SPOILER tag will still try to load all pictures in it even if it is not opened. Thinking more on this, maybe if Tobias is around, we can ask him if it is possible the FastWorker to generates thumbnails of the screenshots and generates IMG tags pointing those thumbnails, which contain the PHPBB code for a picture being a link to the big screenshot. I think this is not much hassle. Will post in the FastWorker thread and hopefully Tobias will see it and have the time and goodwill to make it.

As a work-around, you can view the screenshots from the turn report directly from the FastWorker site itself. They are organized neat by turns numbers and are separated on turn reports and demographics.

I took the pictures, but TFW site isn't working for me yesterday or today. Not sure if it's on my end or what.

Yeah the fast worker is down,not sure why?

Hmm, the site being down not only prevents us from using it to post new screenshots, but we can't see any of the old screenshots that are linked from the site. Anybody have any ideas about what could be going on?

Hi guys!

I've been swamped in work lately - and then I went away on easter holiday - and then the server went down. I'm so sorry I didn't catch it earlier! YossarianLives caught me on Skype and it's all back up again now. The sorting is still screwed, but I'll fix that.

I've also made sure that this probably doesn't happen again (unless Rackspace goes down.. unlikely that happens for any long period of time).

Anyway, to the proposal:

Thinking more on this, maybe if Tobias is around, we can ask him if it is possible the FastWorker to generates thumbnails of the screenshots and generates IMG tags pointing those thumbnails, which contain the PHPBB code for a picture being a link to the big screenshot. I think this is not much hassle. Will post in the FastWorker thread and hopefully Tobias will see it and have the time and goodwill to make it.

This is not too hard, no. I could def generate some smaller versions and make a thumb bbcode. If would be a bit weird to do it retrospectively though, so it would have to be from the turn it's implemented and onwards. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks 2metra :)

Fixed the sorting, sorta hackishly ;)

Won't be able to do the thumb thing before I refactor the app a little bit, it's already very slow (not caching anything, rebuilding image json on every load, etc). But I'll probably add it later this week.

I dont even believe we will need the thumb thing. The forum pages with our reports were becoming that heavy because we only had few spoilers per post with many and many pictures loading and we had like 50 spoilers per page. Now when Yossa is writing more to the reports, it becomes lighter I think as not much turn reports will be on a single page.

But let Yossa tells if he needs the thumbs.

I could def generate some smaller versions and make a thumb bbcode. If would be a bit weird to do it retrospectively though, so it would have to be from the turn it's implemented and onwards. I'll see what I can do.

Won't be able to do the thumb thing before I refactor the app a little bit, it's already very slow (not caching anything, rebuilding image json on every load, etc). But I'll probably add it later this week.

I dont even believe we will need the thumb thing. The forum pages with our reports were becoming that heavy because we only had few spoilers per post with many and many pictures loading and we had like 50 spoilers per page. Now when Yossa is writing more to the reports, it becomes lighter I think as not much turn reports will be on a single page.

But let Yossa tells if he needs the thumbs.

For me, I am fine with things the way they are. Figuring out how to learn something new like thumbnails sounds confusing :confused:

But if some on the team are still having problems seeing the turn reports, I'm more than happy to give it a shot! If we don't seem to need it anymore, though, then definitely don't do it for my sake.

Xpost with the turns thread:

Hey guys, just got a report from my tech guy that the server is down. He'll look into it tomorrow. Server will be up again in approx 10-15 hours. Sorry!

Hi tobiasn. Did this ever get fixed? I can't tell if the site is still down or if it's just my slow / cheap laptop that can't handle the pictures.

Yes, for some 10 days already.

Tobias said he knows about the problem and his tech support will take care soon. But that was like week ago... Hopefully it will be back, as it is invaluable helpful tool.

You must install Dropbox and Yossa must give you access to the FastWorker folder. There each turn screenshots are uploaded and you can view them with simple picture viewer.

Xpost with the turns thread:

Hey guys, just got a report from my tech guy that the server is down. He'll look into it tomorrow. Server will be up again in approx 10-15 hours. Sorry!

Any updates on this? Don't mean to sound impatient, but I'm dying without my TFW app!

In the meantime, here are some overview shots of our empire from the previous turn:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom