Team CFC Turnlogger App - "TheFastWorker"

Guys, I notice this app has not been used for the past 25 or so turns. Do we have anyone who is still interested in acting as the turnloggers and who is also willing to ensure we use this great app?

I would like to see all the screenshots and demographics uploaded to the app for the turns that are missing so we can all go back and peruse what we did turn by turn in the years to come. I am willing to give "crash courses" on how to use the app, even using Skype to demonstrate if necessary :) I hope we have at least 2-3 people who is willing!

I don't think a lot of the recent turnplayers use the app, no.. Too bad, as I think it's way easier to share screenies like this. I've tried to adress it a couple of times, I also sent a PM to cav about it when he was taking the turns, but I never heard back. If it falls through it falls through, but if you guys want to make a push for its use, it's cool :)

I prefer it a lot when turnplayers use it, to be honest. It's much faster and more secure than ImageShack, it's organisational system is miles ahead of ImageShack's, and it allows cool features like the URL to the most recently uploaded picture. Please keep using it! :)

I haven't been playing any turns, but I have some screenshots from a couple recent turns, including demographics. I'm happy to use the Fastworker App for these, and any future screenshots I take, but as I'm technologically illiterate, I would need a lesson on what I'm supposed to do. Caledorn, is that Skype crash course still an option?

I haven't been playing any turns, but I have some screenshots from a couple recent turns, including demographics. I'm happy to use the Fastworker App for these, and any future screenshots I take, but as I'm technologically illiterate, I would need a lesson on what I'm supposed to do. Caledorn, is that Skype crash course still an option?

Most certainly :) Just let me know when you have time :)

@YossarianLives, if you have Dropbox installed already, you're half way there. Give your dropbox e-mail address (the e-mail you used when signing up) to Cal or me, and we'll give you access to the folder. From there on out, the OP should give enough info I think.

You can add me on skype too if you want, I'm on most days at 0830-1730 CET. tobiasness is my handle there.

I do have Dropbox, and my email is vhinderl at gmail. Could you give me access?

I'll check out the opening post again. Thanks!

Thanks Yossa, I invited you to the folder. You gotta log in to Dropbox to accept the invite, and then you'll have the folder on your machine. Then you can put pix in the folders, and they'll be synced to the web app almost instantly, where you can go and get the BBcode IMG tags to put in the forum, if you want.

Thanks, that's super easy! I added pics for a few earlier turns, and I see 2metra put the last couple turns in there. Awesome app tobiasn :goodjob:

The app is great, Tobias.

I think we can make it even greater with one thing - can we get a script or button or whatever, which generates a text field including all the pictures in the folder one after another? We can use this to to put many pictures of each turn to avoid long description of worked tiles, etc.

@2metra, yeah that's pretty easy. I was actually thinking that the layout is a bit overkill on the site, cause without the context you get in the forums it's not really that useful. Plus, most people visiting the app already have all the pix in their Dropbox.. ;)

So yeah, I was thinking to simplify the layout a little bit too, to make it easier to load and see the pix. But for starters, I can just make a text field with all the [IMG] tags for that turn.

@2metraninja, you got a new button next to the Close "X" when viewing a turn. Let me know if it works for ya, I just did testing in Chrome.

I haven't been able to get on TheFastWorker site since Monday. Is the site down, or is the problem on my end?

I had to use Photobucket to post a picture, ewww.

Also, since I never mentioned it, the new function with the img tags works awesome.

It works, as I used it yesterday I believe. Will check again.

edit: Confirmed, works like charm. old Firefox

I also used it to upload the diplo-diagram, and it works just fine for me. What happens when you try to access the site, Yossarian?

Hmm, don't remember the error message exactly. Something along the lines of "You don't have permission to access this page", but it never gave me a chance to enter the username and password.

I was able to get in from work, that's how I posted the new pictures in the T50-100 thread. I'll check again from home tonight and post the exact error message if it's still not working. Thanks for the help, btw!

Ah, that sounds as if it is set to remember a password that is incorrect. Try clearing the remembered passwords and try again.

Top Bottom