Team Merlot (Poll & Proof of Concept)

Will this work, and are you interested?

• Monarchy could work, but I am not playing in the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea of a Monarchy is fantastic - and it's very cool to see that other people see the potential.

Invigorated by the overwhelmingly positive response here I have put up the Official Team Merlot Thread HERE.

It has a lot more details about the workings of the Monarchy, including the details about the administrator that developed in this thread (which I think make the whole thing work soooo much better).

Anyways - this thread is kind of out of date now as the proof of concept is popular enough to go ahead. See you in game.

LONG LIVE THE KING!:king:

I am very interested in the concept and am considering joining the team.

I have two questions:

1) How would the Monarchy concept work if the overall teams vote for the, two civ per team, scenario?

2) I have concerns about the restrictions on the post of Administrator: a) not being able to be King. I appreciate that Ash88 has volunteered for the role but that takes a key team member (and founder) out of the court. Perhaps we could have a Magna Carta or a rule that the King chooses an Administrator for the duration of his/her reign on a fixed term of office.

I am very interested in the concept and am considering joining the team.

I have two questions:

1) How would the Monarchy concept work if the overall teams vote for the, two civ per team, scenario?

2) I have concerns about the restrictions on the post of Administrator: a) not being able to be King. I appreciate that Ash88 has volunteered for the role but that takes a key team member (and founder) out of the court. Perhaps we could have a Magna Carta or a rule that the King chooses an Administrator for the duration of his/her reign on a fixed term of office.

I think the idea of the administrator is that he is absolutely impartial to any decisions/complications on the team, so I'd be weary to let the king appoint that position. We could rotate the admin position, and while one of us was the admin, that person would abstain from all role playing. I will agree with you that we don't want to lose any team member for the whole game, esp somebody as committed to the concept as Ash is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom