1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tebryn and the Aifons

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by kenken244, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

If Dannalin knew he could not save the souls of the Aifon, why bother waking the creatures (the leviathan) to protect them?

2. MrUnderhill

MrUnderhill Civ-loving Hobbit

Ah, that was a side-effect of me mishmashing two different stories. :lol:

3. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

Crazy theory but maybe he used the Leviathan to store their souls so that they could eventually be ressurected when he awoke, and of course having aload of souls stuffed inside it, the Leviathan would go kind of insane...

4. avalonnn

avalonnn Chieftain

I think anyone would be upset to move suddenly from the Age of Rebirth to the Age of Despair.

5. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

Question:

IF the Aifons were to be 'brought back' some how, what does everyone thing the MOST LIKELY way they would be brought back would be???

6. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

Kylorin...

7. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

Maybe if Danalin ever woke up and got reinterested in the world it might happen. I doubt the Aifons could themselves be brought back, but maybe over time the people who worshipped him would change into Aifon-like creatures (that's how the original Aifons were made, isn't it?). Or maybe if Hastur was just stopped from giving Danalin nightmares, Danalin might start giving Hemah more productive dreams himself...

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

9. Psychic_Llamas

thats the thread that got me thinking and i figured hey why not ask in the lore forum :p

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that's what I thought ;) I'm glad you liked the idea, hope others do as well :D

11. Psychic_Llamas

i do, ive always had a secret desire to play civ and rule the oceans from BELOW :D

12. BugReportage

BugReportage Chieftain

Kael left this one WIDE open, they never went to Danalin's vault, they aren't in any afterlife and they aren't in creation. So lets invent something like Agares hid them away in a plot against Danalin to make him sleep. And the plot to turn him to evil has continued thus far. Perhaps Agares didn't hide them well enough and another angel took notice and led them back into creation. Now they're back, Agares' plot is ruined and Danalin could awaken any moment upon hearing the whispers of his children.

As for the OO religion... I'd be all messed up I think. I'd think Danalin would be pissed enough to actually try to break the compact. He never cared about it because it never affected him. If Agares screwed with his children I think he'd explode on creation with a rage like no other, the compact be damned. Besides I think he's a little crazy with Hastur whispering stupidity in his ear for quite some time.

A ritual called wake Danalin would be appropriete, and once he's awake perhaps the equivalent of blizzards called "raging seas" would start happening. The sea level could rise via a Ritual?

There could be two paths for the Aifons, to try to calm him or to let him rage upon the lands of Erebus.

Sort of like the Illians, very angel based. :p

Just my ranting, don't mind me!

*side-note: I have a feeling the Godslayer is going to be quite busy in the versions to come... hehe...
    Twas a hungry blade to eat the angel of cold,
    And still it hungers for angels grown bold.

13. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

I've always missed the Merfolk from waay back in Civ 2 Call to Power :D

Giant Killer Otters, Raar!

14. Psychic_Llamas

ooooooooooooooooo i like this interpretation :D:D:D

i REALLY like it

15. Mailbox

Mailbox Chieftain

I doubt Danalin would rage on creation. He'd probably be much more likely to rage against Mammon himself, who is spread out and probably vulnerable to his own vault being invaded.

16. El_Duderino

El_Duderino Chieftain

i could be wrong but i thought that mammon was invading ohgmas vault

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

In Kael's D&D game Mammon's forces invaded Oghma's Vault, which was called Erebus, under the command of Hastur. In FfH Erebus is not Oghma's vault, Hastur is busy whispering to Danalin and so cannot be leading the assault. I think it may have been implied that the invasion still happened though. Mailbox is implying that because Mammon's forces are away fighting in Oghma's vault that there aren't enough troops left to defend his own vault.

I'm not sure how vulnerable Mammon's vault would be. It is by far the most crowded of all vaults, as more people go to hell on account of their own greed than for any other sin. These souls are all on their way to becoming demons, and I suspect that even though they must pass though other vaults while being processed into demons that they would still be mostly under Mammon's control. His armies are thus the largest of all the gods', so he can handle a multi-front war.

18. nadszyszkownik

nadszyszkownik Chieftain

OK, here's a wild idea on happened to the Aifons (it's probably wrong but what the hell) - they were not really destroyed, instead they...
    Now let's think for a moment. Could a spell completely unmake something that was not made by working upon other elements of creation but was a creation within creation- the divine spark, the soul? If that was the case Os-Gabella, Agares, or any other prospective Armageddon seeker could figure out a spell that would destroy not only a single race but the entire creation right there. Let's assume that only those who have the power to create (rather than just work *within* creation) have the power to unmake. That would limit the number of candidates with that abilities to The One, others can merely go around kicking at sandcastles in an attempt to destroy the beach.
    So, what about the Aifons? Well, they did get annihilated alright, but the very kernels of their souls, the divine sparks were not. Instead, as the "outer layers" of their souls were being destroyed by the ritual the only things that were left were the divine sparks, which were now purified of the taint that Agares has put on creation, and as such they just passed to The One's true paradise.
    Now, this may seem like a feel-good interpretation, not fitting the dark fantasy theme, but think of the consequences with respect to Agares' behavior and intentions, his opinion on the creation being flawed, and the whole cause/prevent Armageddon struggle.
    Mwahahaha! :devil:

19. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know what's happened to Danalin's Archangel (can't remember his/her name and don't have the game with me)? I don't think that said Archangel would simply sit back and let Hastur do his thing, so did Mammon kill him/her? Or what?

20. BugReportage

BugReportage Chieftain

He died of obesity. -cough-
    No one ever keeps track of the sidekicks. :p
    Hybo is running around, Basium is all over the place, Sabathiel sits in front of a computer monitor all day controlling the Bannor...
    I assume Danalin's is on vacation somewhere or sleeping as well.
    I assume when a "God" sleeps so does all his servants (who are loyal).
    But that's not a golden rule I guess. -shrug-

Well I haven't seen any lore that might allude to where his right hand man is, so I'll assume you can make it up if you want. :p