No Beeling

Tech/Civic Revamp

Hajee

Prince
Hajee submitted a new resource:

No B-ling - No B-ling

*11/26/16* Changed Title of thread - the mod is no longer a just no beelining, but mainly just a Tree revamp

created this mod so there is no more b-ling. You research most techs in each era, and all techs before u get into industrial era. Same with civics. I had to move some techs around, so the info era is only there for the mars mission. I wish add new techs later once the art tools come in.

This is Alpha and I plan to always update the mod.

This is a mod for those whole like longer eras, and long drawn out games.

Side note
1.because of the way the tech is made by the devs COST is very important. I did increase the cost a bit so Standard speed feels longer, almost like Epic speed.
2. This mod will not work with any other the adds, alters the tech tree. Although if you use a mod with a simple cost multiplayer it may work, I am not sure.
3. Once you load the first time it will take so time to load, however once u load it once it seems like the load in decreased to almost nothing.

download file here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7edrcqvi7aywm4f/Tech-Civic Tree Revamp V6.rar?dl=1
Exact to
C:\Users\....\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

If you find in error crash or have an idea etc, please write so I can update and fix.

This mod has also been added to Horem Mod: I suggest playing his mod as he has done a wonderful job with balance and pacing:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-sloth-the-tortoise-and-the-snail.604484/

Spoiler Future Plans :

Add new units
-Copper swordsmen
-Bowmen
-Long-swords men
-Advanced Infantry
Add New Techs Above units

Spoiler Changes V.1 :

Lowered Cost of Code of Laws
Removed boost on wheel
Switched Gunpowder and Square rigging. - This was because I had issue changing the boost. Mainly a text issue I believe. I could not find the UI element for the boost, that or it is unclear if the boost is tied to dll

Add new parameters for game play to match the slower tech rate and era advancement.
-Projects Take longer
-Buildings cost less, however cost of Districts increased
-Unit cost increased
-Great people Cost increased
-Boosted rate to tech is halved

Spoiler V.2 :

Fix game breaking error when research CIVIC_MYSTICISM
Update Rules.sql with new changes
1. Maintenance on Warrior and Slinger is set to 1
2. Min distance between cities are set to 4 instead of 3
3. Increase border expansion

Spoiler V3/V4 :

This was only minor changes and fixes. Add nothing new. Manly where prereq errors

Spoiler V5 :

Added in new Civics
-SYMPOLITEIA
-TERRA_NOSTRUM
-FOREIGN_DIGNITARY
-IMPERIALISM
-STATE_MEDIA
-GLOBAL_ECONOMY

Moved some Policies around and Casi Bali
-All Govs get their own Casi Beli expect for Monarchy which gets Alliances

Add in new Policies
-SHARED_CROPS - Econ +2 Food in Captail
-UNIT_EXP - Plus 25% Land based units Exp
-PAX_IMPERIA - +3 combat against city states
-SHARED_MYTHS - +2 from trade routes (trade routes to you)
-SHARED_CULTURE +1 Culture per Envoy

Big thank you to Horem for his help on coding issues I was having, and to Drityface83 for Ideas and testing.

Notes:
there is some UI issues. The combat modifier against City States does not show up does not show up but you can to +3 being added before you attack.

I plan on adding unit Exp for navel soon

Spoiler V6 :

Update Civic Cost Modifier via the Rules.sql - I noticed it was easy to complete the civic tree and still be behind an era to two eras on the tech tree.

Updated Unit Upgrade Paths
-Red Coat
-French Garde Imperiale
Both Upgrade to INFANTRY

-Infantry no longer upgrade toe Mech Infantry
-Mech Infantry is now Light Cav unit
-Cavalry and Russian Cossack Upgrade to Mech Infantry
-Rough Riders upgrade to tank instead of modern Armour.

PS English not my first, and this is still Alpha I have new techs and units I wanna add to the game but waiting on mod tools for that.

P.S.S
Really if my spelling if rough and not well I am sorry but no need to point it out.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I have a problem, I extracted file in "mods", but when I go into the game itself there is no mod avaible. Like it has not been recognized.

Yes, I did and did not show up.

P.S.: I did find the solution, previously I had Mads tech tree extracted in mods file. You said that your mod isn't compatible with other tech tree mods and thus seems that game even won't recognize it if you have other tech tree mods.

Last edited:
Yes, I did and did not show up.

P.S.: I did find the solution, previously I had Mads tech tree extracted in mods file. You said that your mod isn't compatible with other tech tree mods and thus seems that game even won't recognize it if you have other tech tree mods.

I went ahead deleted the mod and re-dl it. It worked on my end. I also had a buddy try and it worked for him.

I so I am not sure why it is not working.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb235qmf7csl283/Hajees TechCivic.rar?dl=0

Download to C:\Users\....\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

and then extract the .rar and there will be a folder with 4 xml files

And that point I am not sure why it would not show up for you.
If any one else dl its and sees issues let me know how to fix that.

I wanna be helpful, but I am at a lost as to why it would not show for you

This mod has the same mod id in the modinfo file as Maddjinn's tech tree mod for some reason. That's what's causing the game not recognizing this mod when Maddjinn's mod is in the mod folder. Did the mod author use the same modinfo file as Maddjinn?

hmm could be.

I dl his mod to look at how to mod with the tree. and wrote over the modinfo but forgot to make the new ID

note I never published a mod before, however I fixed to ID and re uploaded the new mod. it is in the link on the OP

I was thinking of making changes like this but I was worried that it would disrupt the game mechanics. For example I think it's kind of cool that you can research aircraft early if you focus on going that route. Putting in too many pre-reqs makes it a bit like Civ 5 where there was no real choice in techs.

It can dispute some mechanics, but as said in op it is meant for those who like longer games with no b-ling.

I my self hate that U can get tech X with say the wheel...

The Eureka for the Wheel is - "Mine a resource". In your mod the Wheel is before Mining so it makes this Eureka, obsolete.

Same applies to Square Rigging - "Kill a unit with a Musketman" but you do not get them untill Gunpowder which has Square rigging as a pre req.

Love the mod btw.

Same applies to Square Rigging - "Kill a unit with a Musketman" but you do not get them untill Gunpowder which has Square rigging as a pre req.

Love the mod btw.

I missed that one ^^.

After work today i am going to get those boost finish and upload new Version

Thanks for the kind words btw mate.

Going forward, as I mentioned the mod is alpha, but once the mod tools, mainly the art ones come in I plan on adding more units in with techs for them

Will use in my next game. Although I will refrain from using your Rules.sql due to using an edited version of 8 Ages of Pace. I like real slow games, I am on turn 657 atm in my Roman game, 7 Civs Standard Map size and at the end of Industrial.

Maybe a day or two before I test your new Tech Tree out.

Would it be possible to get a version of this with only the tech web changes? I'd like to remove b-lining, but I have other mods effecting Eureka bonuses, overall tech rate, unit costs, etc. and really just want that one part of the mod.

Would it be possible to get a version of this with only the tech web changes? I'd like to remove b-lining, but I have other mods effecting Eureka bonuses, overall tech rate, unit costs, etc. and really just want that one part of the mod.

Yes you can.

Open up the mod dri
C:\Users\....\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Hajees TechCivic

Fine the Modinfo File

In there just remove the line
<File>Rules.SQL</File>

Under <Files> and <Items>

This way the rules will not load up only the tech and Civic tree and you can use the other mod with it

Updated OP with new DL link.

I had to fix a major game breaking over sight. With you research CIVIC_MYSTICISM instead of code of laws at start of game you will not be able to continue the game. This is fixed changing around some civics and making Code of Laws the 1st one and only one again

Top Bottom