Tech Tree Editor

Seems you accidentially pasted 2 times the same image in your post.

Sorry dude, I fixed it now. Here's my issue in more detail.

1. I downloaded the file and copied it
  2. I pasted it into the Mods Section for Civ BTS
  3. (BTW, this is using the first link available in this thread)
  4. I set up a shortcut to try the mod out. Clicked it. Got the first start up screen. Then it didn't load any further.
  5. Opened up the game with no mod, clicked advanced>load a mod> tech tree editor. It exited the screen. Made a noise like it was trying to start up. My screen jolted a bit like it was trying to load up a window. Then nothing
  6. I also tried merging the files with another mod, and that just caused that mod not to load using the shortcut or selecting the mod in game.
  7. I'm new to modding, so this would be very useful, alas being new to modding also means I'm somewhat inept at the moment :/

Everything you've done is right.
Sadly no idea why it's not loading :sad:. That effect sometimes happen for some mods on some computers, and is not reproducable on other computers :dunno:. Sorry, can't help :(.

I just googled BtSv3.19 and it would seem I haven't downloaded it (My game won't start up without the disc) I just presumed (erroneously) that BtS3.19 was the version I had. It seems highly likely that would be the issue, and I'm downloading it now. I'll edit with success or fail. The former will include many capitals and chuckle faces.

IT WORKS!!! HUZAAH! CALLOOH CALLAY! FRABJOUS DAY! :D :D

Oh well, that's strange. If you don't have the right patch version, then it should normally through different errors :dunno:. But whatever, the result counts :).

I have a new issue. I've changed my techs:

Spoiler :

Went off the window to see where the files were, and:

Spoiler :

Where are the files supposed to be saved?

P.s. I forgot to blank all my name out and whatnot this time so please don't kill me or whatever happens when I don't blank my name out.

P.s. I forgot to blank all my name out and whatnot this time so please don't kill me or whatever happens when I don't blank my name out.

:lol: I'm a privacy fanatic, but I don't hit anyone if he doesn't hide his identity perfectly ;).

For the problem...er...did you hit the "save" button before exiting?
Because for me it creates a new folder named "test" when I do that.

:lol: I'm a privacy fanatic, but I don't hit anyone if he doesn't hide his identity perfectly ;).

For the problem...er...did you hit the "save" button before exiting?
Because for me it creates a new folder named "test" when I do that.

I'm generally into privacy because I don't like people to see how messy my documents are.

I clicked save (I don't know why I feel the need to prove it):

Spoiler :

As you can see there's no test file:

Spoiler :

*too

I also went right back onto the Sid M Civ IV folder and searched file contents for "ANIMISM" because I figured whatever allusive file this is, it must have the names of my techs in them, but this was fruitless.

However, the civilopedia entry exists. I just don't understand how all this stuff that I've only known to require coding could exist without a corresponding xml? :dunno:

Spoiler :

Woe is me.

I'm generally into privacy because I don't like people to see how messy my documents are.

I totally agree with you ;), but that's nothing about which the forum has to care.

@problem: :confused: yeah, that's a bit confusing.
Have you checked that it's not maybe in the regular Assets subfolders?
Else: Might be that you have to start Civ with admin rights, because it could be that the editor is actually not allowed to create new subfolders (due to the different Windows protection mechanisms).

@problem: :confused: yeah, that's a bit confusing.
Have you checked that it's not maybe in the regular Assets subfolders?
Else: Might be that you have to start Civ with admin rights, because it could be that the editor is actually not allowed to create new subfolders (due to the different Windows protection mechanisms).

My God. I think you might be right. I just tried to save a change to the config and it said ACCESS DENIED. One second. I'll try.#

Yes. Works. God bless you. You saved me many hours of tedious CLI-ing.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I have tried to install the latest version of the BTS tech editor in the mods/tech tree editor/ subfolder but it always gets errors in extraction saying it can't find the pathway for the files?? I have bts 3.19 with Civ4 complete. TIA if anyone can point out what I am doing wrong. :wallbash:

I can't seem to get this to work. downloaded and extracted into BTS mobs folder
loading as a mod from BTS mod menu - the game crashes

update: nm got it working after updating to BTS 3.19 :)
I just googled BtSv3.19 and it would seem I haven't downloaded it (My game won't start up without the disc) I just presumed (erroneously) that BtS3.19 was the version I had. It seems highly likely that would be the issue, and I'm downloading it now. I'll edit with success or fail. The former will include many capitals and chuckle faces.

IT WORKS!!! HUZAAH! CALLOOH CALLAY! FRABJOUS DAY! :D :D

How did you people get it to work!!??
I have BTS 319 but when I click ALTF6 Nothing happens.

I have the same problem as Louis here. ALT-F6 doesn't do anything. I've entered chipotle in for cheat mode in the ini file and I know it's active as ~ brings up the console.

I remember this mod working on an old computer long ago. I wonder if the issue is something to do with steam? Are you running steam civ 4 by any chance Louis?

Mostly I'd just like this mod to work to save me the trouble of entering x and y coordinates for techs in the XML files! Can take several hours of very frustrating work when modding in a new tech tree. I would welcome any advice regarding efficient ways to do this.

I have the same problem as Louis here. ALT-F6 doesn't do anything. I've entered chipotle in for cheat mode in the ini file and I know it's active as ~ brings up the console.

I remember this mod working on an old computer long ago. I wonder if the issue is something to do with steam? Are you running steam civ 4 by any chance Louis?

Mostly I'd just like this mod to work to save me the trouble of entering x and y coordinates for techs in the XML files! Can take several hours of very frustrating work when modding in a new tech tree. I would welcome any advice regarding efficient ways to do this.
Yeah, that's one of the most frustrating things!
My guess is that it's too outdated.

Trawled around a little through the utility components section of the forum and found this program. Has a view tech tree function which makes managing the x - y coordinates of your tree a little easier

Top Bottom